Colours of culture blossom at Nagpuri dance workshop
The regional centre of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts in collaboration with Ranchi University organized its first Nagpuri dance workshop-cum-performance at Audrey House auditorium in Ranchi on Wednesday. A half-day training and workshop was conducted in the morning and the basic knowledge on Nagpuri Dance and culture were imparted to the school going students.
The chief guest of the workshop was Dr. I K Choudhary, Dean of Social Science Department of Ranchi University. Kamini Kumar, Pro vice chancellor of RU, Sushma Sinha from Vikas Bharti, Gargi Shome, the organizer of the workshop and other officials encouraged the participants with their presence.
Around 60 students were trained and taught at the workshop by Gargi Shome and Sindhu Tirkey.This workshop was first of its kind in the state capital of Jharkhand and the faces of common people who could become a part of it were lit with satisfaction.
After the workshop, a cultural performance was also arranged that showed a healthy participation of the tribal students from Ranchi and Daltonganj.Ranchi University Vice Chancellor Ramesh Kumar Pandey inaugurated the event and gave away a congratulatory speech where he talked about the benefits and possibilities of having the regional branch of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts at Ranchi.
Dr. Bachchan Kumar, Director of the Regional Centre of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) said, “The main purpose of organizing this event was to popularize the tribal dance culture of Jharkhand in & outside the state and to conserve and preserve our ethnicity”.
- Himalayan region shows lack of political will: Chipko leader 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM meets Javadekar, Prasad 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Working committee meeting to be held in State on Dec 17 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex CM Rawat confuses people: Ajay Bhatt 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Minister listens to people‚Äôs grievances at Janata Milan 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Margin money a concern for Rural Bus applicants 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Student leaders seek removal of Exam controller 12 Dec 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Nothing but waste of public money 12 Dec 2017 | Gp Semwal | in Dehradun
- Seth holds meeting for Khadi, Saras Mela 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Villagers angry as Gairsain debate lingers on 12 Dec 2017 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun