- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
Consulate General of China felicitates knowledge contest winners
A felicitation ceremony was organised on Saturday by Consulate General of People’s Republic of China to felicitate the participants from Jharkhand who recently participated in the Knowledge contest titled ‘India-China relationship’.
The Consulate General of People’s Republic of China held the Knowledge contest on China-India Friendship and the 19th National Congress of CPC (Communist Party of China) from October to November 2017. Dozens of people from Jharkhand has sent their entries.
Two people from Jharkhand won the top prize, which is a complimentary one week trip to China in April 2018 whereas the second winner won a cellular phone. More than two dozen participants won the third prize, which are souvenirs from China. The first prize winners were Vivek Anand and Sudip Lala while Feroz Khan won the second prize.
The Chinese Consulate is gratified to see the active participation in the contest by residents of Jharkhand who have demonstrated good knowledge and understanding of developments of China and China India relationship. All this indicates a good basis for further development of friendly exchanges and mutually beneficial cooperation between China and Jharkhand.
With the rapid economic and social development of Jharkhand on the one hand and the increasing interest of Chinese companies in Eastern India on the other, there exist a great potentials for trade and investment cooperation between Chinese companies and their counterparts in this state, expert opined during the felicitation ceremony.
Moreover, Jharkhand and some provinces in China are highly corresponding to each other in various sectors, including mining, coal, skill development and other industries. It can be foreseen that the economic interactions between Jharkhand and provinces in China will grow steadily in the coming months and years.
The experts present on the occasion also said that the Chinese Consulate stands ready to work with people from various circles in Jharkhand as well as the State Government to enhance the friendly exchanges and economic ties.
Notably, Jharkhand has an important link with China, as, close to 700 Chinese martyrs were buried in Ramgarh during world-war II. They died when receiving military training in that area. It is much appreciated that the people of Jharkhand and India have helped maintain the cemetery as a memorable mark. It will attract more and more Chinese tourists in the future building a healthy relationship.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun