Convict gets life imprisonment
The East Singhbhum district court on Wednesday sentenced Pralay Das, to rigorous life imprisonment in the November 2012 triple murder case at Tube Colony in Baridih under Sidhgora police station.
The court of additional district judge-13, Prabhakar Singh, had yesterday held Pralay Das (34), guilty of the planned murder of his physically challenged father-in-law and retired Tata Steel employee, Ratan Chatterjee (60), mother-in-law Shyamali (52) and teenaged sister-in-law Piyali (17). The trio were killed inside their house in Fauja Bagan on the night of November 27.
The court also slapped a penalty of Rs 20,000 on the main accused Pralay Das who had hatched the murder for money and job while three of his friends (Tinku Yadav, Amar Yadav and Rahul Munda, all of who are residents of Birsanagar), alleged to have helped Pralay were acquitted for lack of evidence.
Additional public prosecutor, Shyam Kumar Mahto said that almost entire family were found dead and it was the statement by the eldest daughter, Sonali Chatterjee (26), wife of the accused. The daughter had identified her husband Pralay Das as the mastermind who had hatched the crime.
The prosecution proved that Pralay had committed the crime after consuming liquor along with his friends in a house in Birsanagar on the night of November 27, 2012.
The prosecution also proved that Pralay had been trying to woo his father-in-law. He had also requested several times to his father in-law to get him a job at Tata Steel however, his father-in-law had refused his request and this led to committing triple murder.
- UTC to use 180 buses to ferry Yoga participants 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Implement transfer act properly, says CS 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- INBRIEF 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stage set for World Yoga Day celebrations 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lac producers to get new lease of life 21 Jun 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Guv distributes Cryo machines at Santhal Pargana 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minister opens online checkpost 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM pushes for doubling farm income in State 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM Das‚Äô land loot barb against Sorens 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CAIT team thanks CM for providing relief in E-Way Bill 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur