Core system, a push to postal services
The Postal department is moving towards establishment of an online system for all its employees. On Tuesday, the Postal Department launched Core System Integrator (CSI) to improve its service quality and operational efficiency at Ranchi General Post Office (GPO).
The Chief Guest of the event was Chief Post Master General (CPMG), Shashi Shalini Khujur. “Core System Integrator is an attempt to make a paperless office. All five districts under Ranchi Postal Circle are shifting to new software by using single window system. CSI solution will improve customer service and increase the speed of work” said Khujur.
The CPMG further said that on June 26 Core System Integrator will be introduced in Dumka as well. She requested for public cooperation to make this Core System Integration program a huge success.
The CSI was launched in five districts under Ranchi Postal Circle which are Ranchi, Khunti, Lohardaga, Simdega and Gumla. This new system has been adopted in three Head Post Offices, three Main Post Offices, 85 Sub Post Offices and 648 Branch Post Offices.
Under this integrated system all counter-office, back-office and administrative work will be carried out online. For successful implementation of this system, all officials and employees will be provided with unique Employee IDs and passwords.
Core System Integration is an IT modernization project which has been commenced in over eight states since 2015. Marketing Executive of Ranchi GPO, Sandeep Kumar said, “Earlier different software were used for every programme which could not be done from one system. Single window system will make the work easier. Under this system the customers will have to go through a single supervisor instead of three. Earlier all functions were carried out using the local server which has been replaced now.” CSI will enable faster and reliable service in postal operations, logistics and banking services.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun