CPI (M) to field candidates from Ranchi, Rajmahal
The Communist Party of India (Marxist) — one of the major parties of the Left Front — on Monday declared candidates for two parliamentary constituencies — Ranchi and Rajmahal constituencies, while declaring to put its weight behind other left party candidates in as many as four parliamentary constituencies in Jharkhand.
The remaining left front parties-Communist Party of India, Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist), Maoist Coordination Committee (MCC)- are likely to announce their candidates in few days.
The CPI (M) declared Rajendra Singh Munda and Jyotin Soren as the party’s candidate for Ranchi and Rajmahal parliamentary constituency. Both — Munda and Soren — have once been MLAs and as per the agreement between different constituents of the Left Front, the CPI will contest elections in- Dumka, Hazaribagh, Chatra while the CPI (ML) will contest from Koderma and the MCC will contest from Dhanbad parliamentary seat.
“So far we have agreed on seven seats, it could increase. Our main objective is to ensure that the Congress and the Bhartiya Janta Party are rejected by the people,” said the CPI (M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat while talking to media persons.
Nonetheless, the CPI (M) had to bargain hard for the Ranchi parliamentary constituency to make CPI (ML) leave the seat.According to sources in the CPI (M), the CPI (ML) was convinced on the grounds that its performance in the last elections was poor than CPI (M).
Interestingly, the CPI (M) will prepare separate manifesto for different parliamentary constituencies, which will present party’s line on issues specific to the constituency. The party decided to put focus on Masterplan, use of money in elections especially the Rajya Sabha elections besides reservation to local youths in local industries.
“Ranchi has become a centre where money has changed hands in Rajya Sabha elections. Sitting MP is a symbol of corruption and the Masterplan for Ranchi has been developed without taking consent of the people. So these are some of the issues which will part of our manifesto,” maintained Karat.
- Probe team focuses on land deal at Nagadih 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Naxals kill villager for being police spy 28 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- PTR suffers one more elephant loss 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 72 cases disposed in Lok Adalat 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- PTS suspects Anthrax behind male elephant’s death 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Administration seals Cafeteria 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NGO spreads awareness for menstrual hygiene 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- India attained greater heights under Modi regime 28 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 5 killed as illegal mine caves in 28 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi