- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Diesel taxi drivers protest in Delhi, Noida; block traffic
- Delhi launches helpline to register surge pricing complaints
- China rapes our country, says Trump
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday
- CBI questions former IAF chief SP Tyagi
- Oppn forces 3 adjournments in RS over CAG report on KG basin
CPI (M) to field candidates from Ranchi, Rajmahal
The Communist Party of India (Marxist) — one of the major parties of the Left Front — on Monday declared candidates for two parliamentary constituencies — Ranchi and Rajmahal constituencies, while declaring to put its weight behind other left party candidates in as many as four parliamentary constituencies in Jharkhand.
The remaining left front parties-Communist Party of India, Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist), Maoist Coordination Committee (MCC)- are likely to announce their candidates in few days.
The CPI (M) declared Rajendra Singh Munda and Jyotin Soren as the party’s candidate for Ranchi and Rajmahal parliamentary constituency. Both — Munda and Soren — have once been MLAs and as per the agreement between different constituents of the Left Front, the CPI will contest elections in- Dumka, Hazaribagh, Chatra while the CPI (ML) will contest from Koderma and the MCC will contest from Dhanbad parliamentary seat.
“So far we have agreed on seven seats, it could increase. Our main objective is to ensure that the Congress and the Bhartiya Janta Party are rejected by the people,” said the CPI (M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat while talking to media persons.
Nonetheless, the CPI (M) had to bargain hard for the Ranchi parliamentary constituency to make CPI (ML) leave the seat.According to sources in the CPI (M), the CPI (ML) was convinced on the grounds that its performance in the last elections was poor than CPI (M).
Interestingly, the CPI (M) will prepare separate manifesto for different parliamentary constituencies, which will present party’s line on issues specific to the constituency. The party decided to put focus on Masterplan, use of money in elections especially the Rajya Sabha elections besides reservation to local youths in local industries.
“Ranchi has become a centre where money has changed hands in Rajya Sabha elections. Sitting MP is a symbol of corruption and the Masterplan for Ranchi has been developed without taking consent of the people. So these are some of the issues which will part of our manifesto,” maintained Karat.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Gram Sansad held in 12,464 panchayats 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 28-yr-old shot at by in-laws 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‘Bidi workers, dependents treated at labourers' hospitals for free’ 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Labour Day: CPI, THMS take out procession 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Gaur: Labourers are not servants, but nation-builders 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM to lay bridge’s foundation stone 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Punjab Congress alleges increase in Dalit atrocities under SAD-BJP 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM launches Rajeev Gandhi Digital Vidyarthi Yojna 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Prepare roadmap for filling up vacancies, Virbhadra tells HPSEBL 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
Smita Patil was gentle but stronger than anything you could ever encounter in a woman. Truly a gift we lost we never should have.
The CBI raided my house the day after the FIR was filed. They have not spoken to me since in the last three years. I cannot fight the perception battle.
She (Hillary) will go down easier than any of the people we just beat. You are going to have an unbelievably good result in November.