- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
CPI (M) to field candidates from Ranchi, Rajmahal
The Communist Party of India (Marxist) — one of the major parties of the Left Front — on Monday declared candidates for two parliamentary constituencies — Ranchi and Rajmahal constituencies, while declaring to put its weight behind other left party candidates in as many as four parliamentary constituencies in Jharkhand.
The remaining left front parties-Communist Party of India, Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist), Maoist Coordination Committee (MCC)- are likely to announce their candidates in few days.
The CPI (M) declared Rajendra Singh Munda and Jyotin Soren as the party’s candidate for Ranchi and Rajmahal parliamentary constituency. Both — Munda and Soren — have once been MLAs and as per the agreement between different constituents of the Left Front, the CPI will contest elections in- Dumka, Hazaribagh, Chatra while the CPI (ML) will contest from Koderma and the MCC will contest from Dhanbad parliamentary seat.
“So far we have agreed on seven seats, it could increase. Our main objective is to ensure that the Congress and the Bhartiya Janta Party are rejected by the people,” said the CPI (M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat while talking to media persons.
Nonetheless, the CPI (M) had to bargain hard for the Ranchi parliamentary constituency to make CPI (ML) leave the seat.According to sources in the CPI (M), the CPI (ML) was convinced on the grounds that its performance in the last elections was poor than CPI (M).
Interestingly, the CPI (M) will prepare separate manifesto for different parliamentary constituencies, which will present party’s line on issues specific to the constituency. The party decided to put focus on Masterplan, use of money in elections especially the Rajya Sabha elections besides reservation to local youths in local industries.
“Ranchi has become a centre where money has changed hands in Rajya Sabha elections. Sitting MP is a symbol of corruption and the Masterplan for Ranchi has been developed without taking consent of the people. So these are some of the issues which will part of our manifesto,” maintained Karat.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CREDA to install ‘solar-powered generators’ 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 1,100 seats allocated to State under India BPO Promotion Scheme 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- SC Judge wants boost to culture of settlement 11 Dec 2016 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand to become ODF by 2018, says CM 11 Dec 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand gets Naidu’s pat for speedy development 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- RMC Board meeting cancelled, again 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM seeks TV channel on legal literacy from Centre 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal power rules in Ranchi University polls 11 Dec 2016 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Maha firm to prepare forest conservation plan for Gare Pelma-II coal block 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Rural ATMs going kaput still a worry 11 Dec 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
11 Dec 2016 | Kumar Chellappan
Jayalalithaa’s death has left a void difficult to fill — in politics and the State. The situation in Tamil Nadu is fluid and there is no guarantee that the Panneerselvam Government would complete its term despite the reasonable majority the AIADMK enjoys in the Assembly...
Demonetisation is the biggest scam in the history of India. I will reveal it in Parliament.You'll see that an earthquake will happen.
Through the years, being a girl, a woman, growing up, you learn to let go, hide some things, express things.
The ‘Mr Perfectionist' title is not correct for me. And it puts no pressure on me. The title should be ‘Mr Passionate’. That is what I am.