CUJ study of Tribal & Customary Law a novel course
Considering the rich socio-cultural environment of Jharkhand, the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) has established a Centre for Tribal and Customary Law providing an opportunity to integrate the knowledge of man and the society.
This will be kind of path breaking step in the field of tribal studies, as first time in India a specific course on tribal peoples is being introduced with law and policy approach.
The indigenous societies owe certain socio-cultural mechanism for the maintenance of equilibrium, social order, tranquility, and peace. These mechanisms are taboos, sanctions of social, ritual and supernatural, public opinion, good sense and ethics.
The Centre is providing Master of Arts in Tribal Law and Governance wherein it will provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the study of tribal peoples by introducing the basic concepts, debates on their governance within national and global framework emanating from the disciplines from anthropology, sociology, political science, public administration, economics and law.
“The Centre for Tribal and Customary Law comprises three assistant professors and is headed by a professor who was the former director of the Law Research Institute, Gauhati High Court,” said CUJ Chief Communication officer Prasanta Bora.
To make it convenient for planning and policy framing for the best interest of tribal people, the Centre has prepared its consolidated syllabus focusing on law and governance aspects of tribal people.
- CTPS Unit-3 shut down after technical snag 20 Aug 2017 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- St Paul Modern school holds Investiture ceremony 20 Aug 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Sanitation Dept plans to expand pipeline project 20 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State‚Äôs first garment unit gets operational 20 Aug 2017 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- Culprit in minor rape case nabbed 20 Aug 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Govt lays foundation of 74 projects worth Rs 2100 cr 20 Aug 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- NMDC records 7 MT of iron ore production from Chhattisgarh 20 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- BSP holds In-plant QC & 5S project presentation competition 20 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raman for growing crops consuming less water 20 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Deepali Thakur declared president of MKP College student‚Äôs union 20 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun