- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
CUJ study of Tribal & Customary Law a novel course
Considering the rich socio-cultural environment of Jharkhand, the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) has established a Centre for Tribal and Customary Law providing an opportunity to integrate the knowledge of man and the society.
This will be kind of path breaking step in the field of tribal studies, as first time in India a specific course on tribal peoples is being introduced with law and policy approach.
The indigenous societies owe certain socio-cultural mechanism for the maintenance of equilibrium, social order, tranquility, and peace. These mechanisms are taboos, sanctions of social, ritual and supernatural, public opinion, good sense and ethics.
The Centre is providing Master of Arts in Tribal Law and Governance wherein it will provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the study of tribal peoples by introducing the basic concepts, debates on their governance within national and global framework emanating from the disciplines from anthropology, sociology, political science, public administration, economics and law.
“The Centre for Tribal and Customary Law comprises three assistant professors and is headed by a professor who was the former director of the Law Research Institute, Gauhati High Court,” said CUJ Chief Communication officer Prasanta Bora.
To make it convenient for planning and policy framing for the best interest of tribal people, the Centre has prepared its consolidated syllabus focusing on law and governance aspects of tribal people.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Akhilesh Yadav to be chief minister’s face of SP 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Immature young leaders should behave and refrain from irresponsible behavior: Khan 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Govt to distribute plates and glasses having CM's pic 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Amit shah to hold maharally at Etawah 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Health condition deteriorates as 200 deaths reported due to dengue 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Tremor felt within congress due to strong differences among senior leaders 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Finally, 44 PWDs posted as college lecturers 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Land rights key to rural women empowerment’ 22 Oct 2016 | TARINI PRASAD PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Child marriage victim rescued in Brahmapur 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to provide assistance of 5 lakhs to family of police martyrs 22 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!