- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
CUJ study of Tribal & Customary Law a novel course
Considering the rich socio-cultural environment of Jharkhand, the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) has established a Centre for Tribal and Customary Law providing an opportunity to integrate the knowledge of man and the society.
This will be kind of path breaking step in the field of tribal studies, as first time in India a specific course on tribal peoples is being introduced with law and policy approach.
The indigenous societies owe certain socio-cultural mechanism for the maintenance of equilibrium, social order, tranquility, and peace. These mechanisms are taboos, sanctions of social, ritual and supernatural, public opinion, good sense and ethics.
The Centre is providing Master of Arts in Tribal Law and Governance wherein it will provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the study of tribal peoples by introducing the basic concepts, debates on their governance within national and global framework emanating from the disciplines from anthropology, sociology, political science, public administration, economics and law.
“The Centre for Tribal and Customary Law comprises three assistant professors and is headed by a professor who was the former director of the Law Research Institute, Gauhati High Court,” said CUJ Chief Communication officer Prasanta Bora.
To make it convenient for planning and policy framing for the best interest of tribal people, the Centre has prepared its consolidated syllabus focusing on law and governance aspects of tribal people.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Cong team visits C’garh for field study 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Utkal girls protest water, power problems in hostels 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- `2 crore to Puri Daitas: Compensation or bribe? 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- inbrief 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- `60L bonanza for 6 Rio sportswomen 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJD stages demos against ex-Cong MP at four places 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Surat investors protest before Delhi Odisha Bhavan 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Reengineering of public services stressed 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NRHC asks OHRC for ATR on casting couch 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Maladies as policies not converted into realities 27 Jul 2016 | JAYANT DAS | in Bhubaneswar
I want to appeal to the Bishnoi community, don't lose your heart. You have been fighting for the protection of wildlife and forest for age and will continue to do that.
I am not looking for a future in politics. I am an artist and I am not here to win an election. My stories speak what I want to say.
Hillary Clinton believes, US is a country where people of all backgrounds can make a home. But that America isn't possible if we allow Trump to build a wall that divides us.