CUJ study of Tribal & Customary Law a novel course
Considering the rich socio-cultural environment of Jharkhand, the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) has established a Centre for Tribal and Customary Law providing an opportunity to integrate the knowledge of man and the society.
This will be kind of path breaking step in the field of tribal studies, as first time in India a specific course on tribal peoples is being introduced with law and policy approach.
The indigenous societies owe certain socio-cultural mechanism for the maintenance of equilibrium, social order, tranquility, and peace. These mechanisms are taboos, sanctions of social, ritual and supernatural, public opinion, good sense and ethics.
The Centre is providing Master of Arts in Tribal Law and Governance wherein it will provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the study of tribal peoples by introducing the basic concepts, debates on their governance within national and global framework emanating from the disciplines from anthropology, sociology, political science, public administration, economics and law.
“The Centre for Tribal and Customary Law comprises three assistant professors and is headed by a professor who was the former director of the Law Research Institute, Gauhati High Court,” said CUJ Chief Communication officer Prasanta Bora.
To make it convenient for planning and policy framing for the best interest of tribal people, the Centre has prepared its consolidated syllabus focusing on law and governance aspects of tribal people.
- Portal of land offered for dev launched 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab SC panel orders VB probe against Patiala’s private college 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana textile traders join strike 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab Govt launches tree plantation drive 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Textile traders down shutters in Punjab 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cops book 5 people for attempt to murder over land dispute 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Akami Multi Specialty Ayurvedic Clinic opens in city 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HP Youth Congress to counter BJP yatra with Vikas Prachar yatra 28 Jun 2017 | Kamal Joshi | in Chandigarh
- Haryana aims GSDP growth at 9.8% 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh