- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
CUJ study of Tribal & Customary Law a novel course
Considering the rich socio-cultural environment of Jharkhand, the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) has established a Centre for Tribal and Customary Law providing an opportunity to integrate the knowledge of man and the society.
This will be kind of path breaking step in the field of tribal studies, as first time in India a specific course on tribal peoples is being introduced with law and policy approach.
The indigenous societies owe certain socio-cultural mechanism for the maintenance of equilibrium, social order, tranquility, and peace. These mechanisms are taboos, sanctions of social, ritual and supernatural, public opinion, good sense and ethics.
The Centre is providing Master of Arts in Tribal Law and Governance wherein it will provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the study of tribal peoples by introducing the basic concepts, debates on their governance within national and global framework emanating from the disciplines from anthropology, sociology, political science, public administration, economics and law.
“The Centre for Tribal and Customary Law comprises three assistant professors and is headed by a professor who was the former director of the Law Research Institute, Gauhati High Court,” said CUJ Chief Communication officer Prasanta Bora.
To make it convenient for planning and policy framing for the best interest of tribal people, the Centre has prepared its consolidated syllabus focusing on law and governance aspects of tribal people.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- ‘Mahaparayan’ to transport dead body launched 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Kerala seeks power support from Odisha 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Central Govt seeks report on inactiveness of dalit corporation 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Frequent power cuts: Bandh observed at Udala 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Umesh Singh takes over as new ECoR GM 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to attend B’luru Investors’ Meet today 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Tumari Smrutire’ kicks off to pay tribute to Sanjukta 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PRI polls: Opp still has to do lots of homework 26 Aug 2016 | LALIT MOHAN MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Bhekti seeds ranching in Chilika planned 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- VHP seeks Laxmananada killers punished soon 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The National Education Policy draft provides legal recognition to Hindi and Sanskrit. It imposes Hindutva opinions which are against the pluralism of the country.
US foisted Raghuram Rajan and Arvind Subramanian on us. These management-types are micro minded while economy is general equilibrium.
The Chinese have no respect for our country. They have no respect for our leadership. We want to put ourselves in their position soon. Then they'll like us better.