CUJ study of Tribal & Customary Law a novel course
Considering the rich socio-cultural environment of Jharkhand, the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) has established a Centre for Tribal and Customary Law providing an opportunity to integrate the knowledge of man and the society.
This will be kind of path breaking step in the field of tribal studies, as first time in India a specific course on tribal peoples is being introduced with law and policy approach.
The indigenous societies owe certain socio-cultural mechanism for the maintenance of equilibrium, social order, tranquility, and peace. These mechanisms are taboos, sanctions of social, ritual and supernatural, public opinion, good sense and ethics.
The Centre is providing Master of Arts in Tribal Law and Governance wherein it will provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the study of tribal peoples by introducing the basic concepts, debates on their governance within national and global framework emanating from the disciplines from anthropology, sociology, political science, public administration, economics and law.
“The Centre for Tribal and Customary Law comprises three assistant professors and is headed by a professor who was the former director of the Law Research Institute, Gauhati High Court,” said CUJ Chief Communication officer Prasanta Bora.
To make it convenient for planning and policy framing for the best interest of tribal people, the Centre has prepared its consolidated syllabus focusing on law and governance aspects of tribal people.
- ED sleuths raid three stores, seizes Rs68L 24 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- A concerned Satyarthi to launch nationwide campaign 24 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cabinet approves Master Plans for Ranchi, 17 other towns 24 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 16-year-old dies while taking selfie at Laharpur Dam 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- DGP to officials: Ensure smooth mobility 24 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- MP Cabinet clears 3 irrigation projects 24 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Sikhs, Hindus celebrate birth anniv of 3rd Sikh Guru Amar Das 24 May 2017 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Pugmarks near Amoni create panic among villagers 24 May 2017 | Zafar Alam Khan | in Bhopal
- Muskan Foundation organises free eye check-up camp 24 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘U’khand needs Uttarakhandi cinema’’ 24 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun