- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
CUJ study of Tribal & Customary Law a novel course
Considering the rich socio-cultural environment of Jharkhand, the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) has established a Centre for Tribal and Customary Law providing an opportunity to integrate the knowledge of man and the society.
This will be kind of path breaking step in the field of tribal studies, as first time in India a specific course on tribal peoples is being introduced with law and policy approach.
The indigenous societies owe certain socio-cultural mechanism for the maintenance of equilibrium, social order, tranquility, and peace. These mechanisms are taboos, sanctions of social, ritual and supernatural, public opinion, good sense and ethics.
The Centre is providing Master of Arts in Tribal Law and Governance wherein it will provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the study of tribal peoples by introducing the basic concepts, debates on their governance within national and global framework emanating from the disciplines from anthropology, sociology, political science, public administration, economics and law.
“The Centre for Tribal and Customary Law comprises three assistant professors and is headed by a professor who was the former director of the Law Research Institute, Gauhati High Court,” said CUJ Chief Communication officer Prasanta Bora.
To make it convenient for planning and policy framing for the best interest of tribal people, the Centre has prepared its consolidated syllabus focusing on law and governance aspects of tribal people.
- Women power to rule lower judiciary in Jharkhand 19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | in Ranchi
- 300 policemen on toes to ensure peaceful Diwali 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali celebration with underprivileged kids 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Teachers gear up for union polls 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali: Additional forces deployed 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- State Govt gives Diwali gift to GCE Hospital 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi to inaugurate projects: Bhatt 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- City gears up for Diwali celebration 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Security upped for PM‚Äôs Oct 20 visit 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun