- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
CUJ study of Tribal & Customary Law a novel course
Considering the rich socio-cultural environment of Jharkhand, the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) has established a Centre for Tribal and Customary Law providing an opportunity to integrate the knowledge of man and the society.
This will be kind of path breaking step in the field of tribal studies, as first time in India a specific course on tribal peoples is being introduced with law and policy approach.
The indigenous societies owe certain socio-cultural mechanism for the maintenance of equilibrium, social order, tranquility, and peace. These mechanisms are taboos, sanctions of social, ritual and supernatural, public opinion, good sense and ethics.
The Centre is providing Master of Arts in Tribal Law and Governance wherein it will provide an interdisciplinary perspective on the study of tribal peoples by introducing the basic concepts, debates on their governance within national and global framework emanating from the disciplines from anthropology, sociology, political science, public administration, economics and law.
“The Centre for Tribal and Customary Law comprises three assistant professors and is headed by a professor who was the former director of the Law Research Institute, Gauhati High Court,” said CUJ Chief Communication officer Prasanta Bora.
To make it convenient for planning and policy framing for the best interest of tribal people, the Centre has prepared its consolidated syllabus focusing on law and governance aspects of tribal people.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM forms Committee for Angadwadi workers 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul Gandhi to begin second leg of Kisan Yatra from sitapur 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Thakur asks Naiik not to reinstate Prajapati 25 Sep 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- MSY’s azamgarh rally cancelled 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Agitating schoolteachers threaten to boycott polls 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pre-poll violence occurs at Utkal and Ramadevi 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- K’mal rape accused gets 20 yrs in jail 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mom’s FIR: Gajapati drunkard youth held 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Water tank collapses; K’mal woman, daughter killed 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Brahmapur gold depositors seek justice 25 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Political movements and Islamist identity of states like Iran or Pakistan or the Wahhabism of Saudi Arabia is the underbelly inspiring militant movements like IS.
The 1960 Indus Waters Treaty between India and Pakistan has survived two wars, and remains in force today.
We've already played without Lionel Messi. But for me as coach and for the team, it's a challenge if we have to play without him.