- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
DoP, Jharkhand circle launches mobile money transfer service
The Department of Posts (DoP) Jharkhand circle has launched mobile-based money transfer service by post offices for quicker transfer of money on Tuesday.
While addressing a Press conference, chief postmaster general KK Sinha said, “The aim of launching this service was to help those unable to avail banking services. The service will be operated by DoP with technological support from BSNL.”
The postal department has started this service at 124 post offices and the transfer process is relatively simple. A remitter can deposit cash at a nearby post office upon which the receiver would get SMS intimation on his mobile phone. The payee has to approach the designated post office in his/her area and claim the money after disclosing the personal code sent to him/her via the SMS.
The minimum money order would have to be Rs1,000. A tariff of Rs40 would be charged for remittances up to Rs1,500. Similarly, the remitter would have to pay Rs70 for deposits from Rs1,500 to Rs5,000 and Rs100 for Rs5,001 to Rs10,000. The postal department and BSNL would share the revenue equally. The remitter would not be charged for the SMS sent. This will save time and money as well as help those who do not have a proper address for physical delivery of their money orders.
Sinha also discussed about the World Net Express. He said, “World Net Express is a speedier service with a lot of transparency. Ranchiites can send posts to220 countries through this service. People can avail this facility at nine post offices in Ranchi and very soon this facility will be available at all the post offices across the city.”
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Is BJP’s 2019 eureka moment a reality now? 19 Feb 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP wins 5 of 8 B’swar ZP seats in 3rd phase 19 Feb 2017 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
- J’khand CM, Oram, Pradhan campaign in Mayurbhanj 19 Feb 2017 | Kavi Vishnu Satpathy | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt wants GI tag for Sambalpuri Saree 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Playboy officer who rolled in luxury at public cost 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- A’garh MLA attacked by villagers 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CBI Jt Director meets DGP 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 6 die, 4 critical as truck overturns in K’handi 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP accuses ADGP of protecting BJD goons 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Congress sweeps ZP polls in Jharsuguda 19 Feb 2017 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
It is Sasikala's family which has taken over the reins of Government. We have received Amma’s blessing to oust the regime.
If an actor is not doing commercial films, it doesn’t mean that he or she has no work to do at all. I have been busy.
Wall Street Journal story is dead wrong and impugns the integrity of professional intelligence officers by peddling gossip.