- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
DoP, Jharkhand circle launches mobile money transfer service
The Department of Posts (DoP) Jharkhand circle has launched mobile-based money transfer service by post offices for quicker transfer of money on Tuesday.
While addressing a Press conference, chief postmaster general KK Sinha said, “The aim of launching this service was to help those unable to avail banking services. The service will be operated by DoP with technological support from BSNL.”
The postal department has started this service at 124 post offices and the transfer process is relatively simple. A remitter can deposit cash at a nearby post office upon which the receiver would get SMS intimation on his mobile phone. The payee has to approach the designated post office in his/her area and claim the money after disclosing the personal code sent to him/her via the SMS.
The minimum money order would have to be Rs1,000. A tariff of Rs40 would be charged for remittances up to Rs1,500. Similarly, the remitter would have to pay Rs70 for deposits from Rs1,500 to Rs5,000 and Rs100 for Rs5,001 to Rs10,000. The postal department and BSNL would share the revenue equally. The remitter would not be charged for the SMS sent. This will save time and money as well as help those who do not have a proper address for physical delivery of their money orders.
Sinha also discussed about the World Net Express. He said, “World Net Express is a speedier service with a lot of transparency. Ranchiites can send posts to220 countries through this service. People can avail this facility at nine post offices in Ranchi and very soon this facility will be available at all the post offices across the city.”
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CREDA to install ‘solar-powered generators’ 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 1,100 seats allocated to State under India BPO Promotion Scheme 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- SC Judge wants boost to culture of settlement 11 Dec 2016 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand to become ODF by 2018, says CM 11 Dec 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand gets Naidu’s pat for speedy development 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- RMC Board meeting cancelled, again 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM seeks TV channel on legal literacy from Centre 11 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal power rules in Ranchi University polls 11 Dec 2016 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Maha firm to prepare forest conservation plan for Gare Pelma-II coal block 11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Rural ATMs going kaput still a worry 11 Dec 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
11 Dec 2016 | Kumar Chellappan
Jayalalithaa’s death has left a void difficult to fill — in politics and the State. The situation in Tamil Nadu is fluid and there is no guarantee that the Panneerselvam Government would complete its term despite the reasonable majority the AIADMK enjoys in the Assembly...
Demonetisation is the biggest scam in the history of India. I will reveal it in Parliament.You'll see that an earthquake will happen.
Through the years, being a girl, a woman, growing up, you learn to let go, hide some things, express things.
The ‘Mr Perfectionist' title is not correct for me. And it puts no pressure on me. The title should be ‘Mr Passionate’. That is what I am.