- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
DoP, Jharkhand circle launches mobile money transfer service
The Department of Posts (DoP) Jharkhand circle has launched mobile-based money transfer service by post offices for quicker transfer of money on Tuesday.
While addressing a Press conference, chief postmaster general KK Sinha said, “The aim of launching this service was to help those unable to avail banking services. The service will be operated by DoP with technological support from BSNL.”
The postal department has started this service at 124 post offices and the transfer process is relatively simple. A remitter can deposit cash at a nearby post office upon which the receiver would get SMS intimation on his mobile phone. The payee has to approach the designated post office in his/her area and claim the money after disclosing the personal code sent to him/her via the SMS.
The minimum money order would have to be Rs1,000. A tariff of Rs40 would be charged for remittances up to Rs1,500. Similarly, the remitter would have to pay Rs70 for deposits from Rs1,500 to Rs5,000 and Rs100 for Rs5,001 to Rs10,000. The postal department and BSNL would share the revenue equally. The remitter would not be charged for the SMS sent. This will save time and money as well as help those who do not have a proper address for physical delivery of their money orders.
Sinha also discussed about the World Net Express. He said, “World Net Express is a speedier service with a lot of transparency. Ranchiites can send posts to220 countries through this service. People can avail this facility at nine post offices in Ranchi and very soon this facility will be available at all the post offices across the city.”
MORE State Editions NEWS
- NMDC to develop ‘Central Plant Store’ 10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Energy audit of Pt Ravishankar Shukla varsity campus soon 10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Murkutta village celebrates ODF status 10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 1L aged persons took pilgrimage trip: Govt 10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- centre can not intervene in state matters, says rajnath 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- mayawati threatens bjp 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- prty leaders should connect with people: rajnath 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- samajwadi rejects charges levelled by mayawati 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- seven killed and injured in an accident near Ghaghra ghat railway station At Bahraich 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Action against illegal slaughtering prove fatal 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | Jagdalpur
NMDC Ltd — the country’s largest producer and exporter of iron ore, would be setting up ‘Central Plant Store’ for 3.0 MTPA Integrated Steel Plant at Nagarnar near Jagdalpur in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh...
We are very disturbed over the brutal manner in which an Indian lady has been treated in Saudi Arabia. It's unacceptable.
Guilty in the Dadri killing will be punished, even if I have to risk my Government in Uttar Pradesh for that.
We have to encourage Wall Street to live up to its proper role in our economy, helping Main Street grow and prosper.