- Yogi unveils booklet on achievements; promises development
- No discussion on H-1B during Modi-Trump meeting
- SC refuses interim order agst Centre's notification on Aadhaar
- China accuses Indian troops of 'crossing boundary' in Sikkim section
- India, US to cooperate against JeM, LeT; ask Pak to rein in terror groups
- With hugs and praise, Modi and Trump strike rapport
DoP, Jharkhand circle launches mobile money transfer service
The Department of Posts (DoP) Jharkhand circle has launched mobile-based money transfer service by post offices for quicker transfer of money on Tuesday.
While addressing a Press conference, chief postmaster general KK Sinha said, “The aim of launching this service was to help those unable to avail banking services. The service will be operated by DoP with technological support from BSNL.”
The postal department has started this service at 124 post offices and the transfer process is relatively simple. A remitter can deposit cash at a nearby post office upon which the receiver would get SMS intimation on his mobile phone. The payee has to approach the designated post office in his/her area and claim the money after disclosing the personal code sent to him/her via the SMS.
The minimum money order would have to be Rs1,000. A tariff of Rs40 would be charged for remittances up to Rs1,500. Similarly, the remitter would have to pay Rs70 for deposits from Rs1,500 to Rs5,000 and Rs100 for Rs5,001 to Rs10,000. The postal department and BSNL would share the revenue equally. The remitter would not be charged for the SMS sent. This will save time and money as well as help those who do not have a proper address for physical delivery of their money orders.
Sinha also discussed about the World Net Express. He said, “World Net Express is a speedier service with a lot of transparency. Ranchiites can send posts to220 countries through this service. People can avail this facility at nine post offices in Ranchi and very soon this facility will be available at all the post offices across the city.”
- Portal of land offered for dev launched 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab SC panel orders VB probe against Patiala’s private college 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana textile traders join strike 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab Govt launches tree plantation drive 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Textile traders down shutters in Punjab 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cops book 5 people for attempt to murder over land dispute 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Akami Multi Specialty Ayurvedic Clinic opens in city 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HP Youth Congress to counter BJP yatra with Vikas Prachar yatra 28 Jun 2017 | Kamal Joshi | in Chandigarh
- Haryana aims GSDP growth at 9.8% 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh