- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
DoP, Jharkhand circle launches mobile money transfer service
The Department of Posts (DoP) Jharkhand circle has launched mobile-based money transfer service by post offices for quicker transfer of money on Tuesday.
While addressing a Press conference, chief postmaster general KK Sinha said, “The aim of launching this service was to help those unable to avail banking services. The service will be operated by DoP with technological support from BSNL.”
The postal department has started this service at 124 post offices and the transfer process is relatively simple. A remitter can deposit cash at a nearby post office upon which the receiver would get SMS intimation on his mobile phone. The payee has to approach the designated post office in his/her area and claim the money after disclosing the personal code sent to him/her via the SMS.
The minimum money order would have to be Rs1,000. A tariff of Rs40 would be charged for remittances up to Rs1,500. Similarly, the remitter would have to pay Rs70 for deposits from Rs1,500 to Rs5,000 and Rs100 for Rs5,001 to Rs10,000. The postal department and BSNL would share the revenue equally. The remitter would not be charged for the SMS sent. This will save time and money as well as help those who do not have a proper address for physical delivery of their money orders.
Sinha also discussed about the World Net Express. He said, “World Net Express is a speedier service with a lot of transparency. Ranchiites can send posts to220 countries through this service. People can avail this facility at nine post offices in Ranchi and very soon this facility will be available at all the post offices across the city.”
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM briefs Ram Naik on political situation in state 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Shivpal expels Akhilesh’s loyalist Pawan Pandey 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Shivpal vacates his official residence 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati denies charges of PM 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- DGP Zaveed Ahmed asks juniors to celebrate diwali with orphans, senior citizens 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Strong reason pushed me to quit: Rita Bahuguna Joshi 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Azam Khan plays as messiah for Muslims 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Jungle Safari having unique ‘Mgt Zone’ for wildlife conservation 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Lok Adalats to be held in C’garh from Nov 12 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 139 sand mines in C’garh awaiting environmental clearance 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
My family and the Samajwadi Party are united. All workers are united. There are some conspirators who do not have any mass base.
Trump suffers from very poor self-esteem. He has no insight, no intuition, no creativity, no capacity to offer hope.
Film-makers of the past were creative people and not businessmen. That is why they could make the kind of cinema they did.