- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
DPS Bokaro students named in Guinness Book
The team of DPS Bokaro made it to the Guinness Book of World Records by performing in the World Record Breaking Dance— ‘Rain Dance’ at Chennai.
DPS, Bokaro team was the only team from North India invited to the record-breaking dance on December2, the school authority said.
The team of 23 students led by G. Nataraja Parameswaran, escort teachers E. Sharmila, Rachna Ojha were selected for the event. The particpants were with the participants Swarnim Megha, Khushi Raj, Saloni Agarwal, Amrita Prasad, Samridhi Srivastava, Priyasha Parul, Sujain Koomar, Arya, Shruti Shreya, Isha, Tanya Bhardwaj, Jigyasa Jha, Shambhavi Kashyap, Ayushi Shandilya, Anshika Mallick, Shreya, Shurti Suman, Aparajita Sambhaw, Rimjhim Verma, Tasmai Mandal, Shruti Singh, Srishti Mishra and Shiksha Pandey, said the authority.
Guinness World Records certified D. Sowmya Rajesh of Niruthia Nithyalaya Institute of Fine Arts for the most people performing a rain dance at Saveetha University, Chennai, he said.
D. Sowmya Rajesh of Niruthia Nithyalaya Institute of Fine Arts in association with Saveetha University Chennai organized the largest dance for rain, in an event – ‘Bharatha Mazhai 5050’ wherein, 5,541 people participated and registered their name in the Guinness Book of World Record and Asia Book of Record in a Mass Attempt of dancing together at one go in Bharatnatyam, school PR official informed.
Dr. Hemlata S Mohan, Director and Principal of the DPS, Bokaro expressed her happiness on the unique achievement and congratulated the team for the World Record. She said that DPS, Bokaro always believes in holistic education and provides the opportunity to all to excel in their field of interest.
- ED attaches IAS officer‚Äôs assets in Ranchi, Udaipur, Bengaluru, Kolkata 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 10 decimal land sop to illegal settlers in towns 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man kills himself, wife, son over loan burden 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand Travel Mart to endorse State‚Äôs tourism prospects 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Pollution watchdog undergoes facelift 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cabinet nod to form SC Panel 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NCW smells rat in gang rape case 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharcraft inks MoU with Banka Silk 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Youth power will make India world guru, says CM 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre okays setting up of Tribunal for settling Mahanadi water dispute 21 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur