Ex-Chief Secy convicted in fodder scam
A Special CBI Court on Tuesday convicted former Chief Secretary and the then Deputy Commissioner of Chaibasa Sajal Chakraborty in case no RC 20A/96 of fodder scam and sent him in judicial custody.
The Court will sit on November 21 to decide quantum of punishment after hearing on the same in a case which has seen as many as 45 people already convicted, including two of the ex-Chief Ministers of Bihar, Dr Jagannath Mishra and Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Chakraborty was charged for having no control over treasury of West Singhbhum as Deputy Commissioner and taking no requisite steps and actions even after the fraudulent withdrawals came into light which is now popularly known as fodder scam. He was also charged with buying a personal laptop from government fund.
CBI Counsel BMP Singh said after Chakraborty was convicted that the Court has held him guilty in the case and hearing on quantum of punishment will take place on November 21. Notably, in May, the Supreme Court had overturned a Jharkhand High Court order in 2014 quashing conspiracy charges against Chakraborty, Yadav and Mishra and had asked the trial court to complete the proceedings within nine months.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun