- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Ex-Chief Secy convicted in fodder scam
A Special CBI Court on Tuesday convicted former Chief Secretary and the then Deputy Commissioner of Chaibasa Sajal Chakraborty in case no RC 20A/96 of fodder scam and sent him in judicial custody.
The Court will sit on November 21 to decide quantum of punishment after hearing on the same in a case which has seen as many as 45 people already convicted, including two of the ex-Chief Ministers of Bihar, Dr Jagannath Mishra and Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Chakraborty was charged for having no control over treasury of West Singhbhum as Deputy Commissioner and taking no requisite steps and actions even after the fraudulent withdrawals came into light which is now popularly known as fodder scam. He was also charged with buying a personal laptop from government fund.
CBI Counsel BMP Singh said after Chakraborty was convicted that the Court has held him guilty in the case and hearing on quantum of punishment will take place on November 21. Notably, in May, the Supreme Court had overturned a Jharkhand High Court order in 2014 quashing conspiracy charges against Chakraborty, Yadav and Mishra and had asked the trial court to complete the proceedings within nine months.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal