Ex-Chief Secy convicted in fodder scam
A Special CBI Court on Tuesday convicted former Chief Secretary and the then Deputy Commissioner of Chaibasa Sajal Chakraborty in case no RC 20A/96 of fodder scam and sent him in judicial custody.
The Court will sit on November 21 to decide quantum of punishment after hearing on the same in a case which has seen as many as 45 people already convicted, including two of the ex-Chief Ministers of Bihar, Dr Jagannath Mishra and Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Chakraborty was charged for having no control over treasury of West Singhbhum as Deputy Commissioner and taking no requisite steps and actions even after the fraudulent withdrawals came into light which is now popularly known as fodder scam. He was also charged with buying a personal laptop from government fund.
CBI Counsel BMP Singh said after Chakraborty was convicted that the Court has held him guilty in the case and hearing on quantum of punishment will take place on November 21. Notably, in May, the Supreme Court had overturned a Jharkhand High Court order in 2014 quashing conspiracy charges against Chakraborty, Yadav and Mishra and had asked the trial court to complete the proceedings within nine months.
- FIR against 7 for stealing power, Rs 1.09 L fine imposed 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stakeholders join hands to protect child rights 18 Nov 2017 | PRAGYAPALLAVI | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JVM only option, says Marandi 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Speaker sets deadline for witnesses 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Khadi Board launches jute bags 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Fresh Start-Up ideas rock in Y4BIZ event 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- No one should die for want of money, says CM 18 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Gang rape accused thrashed by public 18 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Two-year jail term for KK Mishra in CM defamation case 18 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal