- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob
- Modi greets Trudeau with hug at ceremonial reception
- AAP vs Chief Secy: Police team at CM's residence
- PNB fraud: ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs 44cr of Nirav Modi group
- Trump admin makes H1-B visa approval tough; Indian firms to be impacted
- Sunanda Pushkar death: SC notice to Delhi Police on Swamy's plea for SIT probe
- Australian Deputy PM resigns amid sexual harassment claim
- Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital
- SC asks if Kerala HC was justified in annulling Hadiya's marriage
- Canada High Commission cancels dinner invite to Khalistan terrorist
- PNB fraud: ED seizes luxury cars, more assets of Modi, Choksi
Expert throws light on 5G prospects, challenges
Renowned research scholar and founder president of CTIF Global Capsule (CGC), Professor Ramjee Prasad discusssed about 5 G technology, its prospects and challenges ahead among the engineers, scholars at BSNL Advanced Regional Telecom Training Centre here on Wednesday.
Prasad, an alumnus of Birsa Institute of Technology (BIT), Sindri initiated CTIF Global Capsule at his alma mater on February 11, with an objective to be on the forefront of strengthening technology and business innovations by enabling growth in research and ventures supported by cross business and inter/cross-disciplinary technologies with its careful application for all ‘Smart Project’. Notably, CTIF Global Capsule is an international non-profit association primarily focusing on envisaging possible technological solutions.
The workshop titled ‘5G and beyond’ witnessed the participation of academicians, researchers and experts from the telecommunication industries. Sharing the purpose behind starting such a centre, Prasad said, “The CGC Centre will be particularly useful for the State in transforming Jharkhand by becoming a global hub for technology and business advancement by promoting world class research activities. The benefits will be shared by the natives residing here.”
Prasad despite being familiar with the hurdles associated with it and competition lying ahead further added, “Through proper applications and service, 5G technology can be implemented well. With constant efforts and strong research activities, we can lead the world in research and standardization processes in the fields of future technologies.”
Queries like reusability of former spectrums, how to cope in the future of wireless communication era, recent technological development, private player strategies were taken up during the day long workshop, which also saw participation of senior officials from Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
BSNL, Jharkhand Circle, Head, KK Thakur expressed his gratitude to Professor Prasad who at present is working in Aarhus University, Denmark for broadening the horizon of people working in telecommunication sector and those especially associated with BSNL.
- Inbrief 24 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav to be held on Feb 24, 25 24 Feb 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Kathak dance with Dhrupad music witnessed at Bhopal 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Grand award ceremony held at multi-art centre 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Turmali play staged at Tribal Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Welfare, hostel scheme implemented to make foodgrain available 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Teesri Kasam movie screened at Dhusyant Kumar Memorial Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ujaas 2018 begins at Anand Vihar College for women 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies, met with accident on Feb 17 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- SCR Manufactures 100th AC EMU Set 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal