- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Girl found dead in hotel; boyfriend held
A college girl was found dead at a hotel on Sunday morning. She is suspected to have bled to death after sexual intercourse with her boyfriend, who has been arrested.
Officer in charge of Lalpur Police Station Jitendra Kumar said, “The couple, who were close relatives, had an affair. Though they booked separate rooms at the hotel, the boy went in the girl’s room at night. While having sex, the girl bled excessively and died.”
The boy (16) confessed to having had sex with the girl though he “could not gather courage to seek help from anybody due to guilt and shame. Unfortunately, the girl died,” added Kumar. The couple hails from Gomia, Bokaro district. The girl was an intermediate student at Ranchi Women’s College and had been staying at a hostel in Ranchi for a year. The boy had recently matriculated.
According to the police, the boy claimed their relationship was five years old. An FIR concerning rape and murder has been filed at Lalpur Police Station. PNS
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Survey exposes poor state of farmers in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weekly roundups 25 Jul 2016 | BAIDYANATH MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists call Kandhamal, R’gada bandh today 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 new battalions to tackle Maoists 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NCST report on K’mal killings 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre asks for non-coal mining pollution report 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- OSPCB slaps closure notice on 10 Puri hotels 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC directs personal appearance of Health Secy 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 BJP leaders ousted from city unit 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Dengue toll rises to five in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The Modi Government is not concerned about the people of Kashmir as he was not present either in the Lok Sabha or the Rajya Sabha when the issue was discussed.
I just enjoy what I do, I don't really strive for perfection, I don't feel pressurised by the competition.
In preventive diplomacy and resolution of conflict, the UN’s role is to put people together. Hopefully, we will resolve this (Kashmir) conflict.