- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Girl found dead in hotel; boyfriend held
A college girl was found dead at a hotel on Sunday morning. She is suspected to have bled to death after sexual intercourse with her boyfriend, who has been arrested.
Officer in charge of Lalpur Police Station Jitendra Kumar said, “The couple, who were close relatives, had an affair. Though they booked separate rooms at the hotel, the boy went in the girl’s room at night. While having sex, the girl bled excessively and died.”
The boy (16) confessed to having had sex with the girl though he “could not gather courage to seek help from anybody due to guilt and shame. Unfortunately, the girl died,” added Kumar. The couple hails from Gomia, Bokaro district. The girl was an intermediate student at Ranchi Women’s College and had been staying at a hostel in Ranchi for a year. The boy had recently matriculated.
According to the police, the boy claimed their relationship was five years old. An FIR concerning rape and murder has been filed at Lalpur Police Station. PNS
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance for Assembly poll in trouble 22 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati lures muslim voters with providing fearless society 22 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mulayam confidante Ambika Chaudhary joins BSP 22 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- The days that are no more 22 Jan 2017 | Jaskiran Chopra | in Chandigarh
- MLAs denied ticket, quits SP 22 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- The days that are no more 22 Jan 2017 | Jaskiran Chopra | in Dehradun
- RLD chief Chaudhary Ajeet Singh issue second list of 35 contestants 22 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM inaugurates ‘Swadeshi Mela’ in Raipur 22 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to develop Rajim as key tourist destination 22 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM to visit Balod and Mahasamund distts today 22 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
I want to personally thank Obama (and Michelle) for changing my life. His courage and compassion created equality for everyone.
My father has care and concern for others. You can’t control the world; you can only control your reaction.
Virat (Kohli) has showed a lot of trust in me and it was very important for me that people in the dressing room trust me.