- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Guv advisor visits Deoghar ahead of President’s visit
A fortnight ahead of the President’s visit to Jharkhand, Advisor to Governor, K Vijay Kumar visited Deoghar to take stock of the preparations made the District officials. President, Pranab Mukherjee is slated to visit three Districts of Jharkhand viz Deoghar, Godda and Dumka.
Kumar held the meeting with the officials of District administration and other departments for hours and reviewed the development works being undertaken in Deoghar.
The President will inaugurate a solar power plant in Deoghar. In the meeting, Kumar emphasised cleanliness in the city and instructed the municipal officials to ensure the city remains clean especially during President’s visit. Reportedly, Kumar also visited the famous Baba Baidyanath temple in Deoghar and asked the authorities to ensure the drains around the temple do not get clogged. The President is expected to visit Deoghar on May 1 and is likely to visit the temple.
Kumar during his trip to Deoghar inspected the aerodrome. Significantly, the President’s tour will start from April 9 and the itinerary includes taking part in convocation in Sido Kanhu Murmu University in Dumka and laying foundation stone of the 1320 MW power plant in Godda, a first in Santhal Pargana.
Kumar’s visit comes after a tour by senior administrative and Police officials to the three areas.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- EC makes elaborate security arrangements for forth phase of UP Polls 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Party belongs to MSY says Azamgarh SP chief 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Will not campaign for Congress: Shivpal 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Elect BJP to wave off loan of farmers: Uma Bharti 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM Modi likely to address rally in Amethi 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP slams BJP, SP and Congress 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- People Supporting SP-Cong alliance in big way: Lalu Yadav 23 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- DPR soon for broad guage rly track 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- DMC to treat, reuse waste water in Durg 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- DPSR holds model ‘Youth Parliament’ 23 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
It is shocking to know that anti-national and anti-social elements are preferred over the martyrs by the (State) Government.
When I was flying to New York recently I was wearing a headscarf. I was racially profiled at the airport for the first time.
President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Modi together are the worst enemies of terrorists. The two are committed nationalists.