- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Guv advisor visits Deoghar ahead of President’s visit
A fortnight ahead of the President’s visit to Jharkhand, Advisor to Governor, K Vijay Kumar visited Deoghar to take stock of the preparations made the District officials. President, Pranab Mukherjee is slated to visit three Districts of Jharkhand viz Deoghar, Godda and Dumka.
Kumar held the meeting with the officials of District administration and other departments for hours and reviewed the development works being undertaken in Deoghar.
The President will inaugurate a solar power plant in Deoghar. In the meeting, Kumar emphasised cleanliness in the city and instructed the municipal officials to ensure the city remains clean especially during President’s visit. Reportedly, Kumar also visited the famous Baba Baidyanath temple in Deoghar and asked the authorities to ensure the drains around the temple do not get clogged. The President is expected to visit Deoghar on May 1 and is likely to visit the temple.
Kumar during his trip to Deoghar inspected the aerodrome. Significantly, the President’s tour will start from April 9 and the itinerary includes taking part in convocation in Sido Kanhu Murmu University in Dumka and laying foundation stone of the 1320 MW power plant in Godda, a first in Santhal Pargana.
Kumar’s visit comes after a tour by senior administrative and Police officials to the three areas.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Vote for Samajwadi Party appeals CM 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM likely to skip party’s Barelly rally 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP on High alert in view of Ayodhya’s demolition anniversary 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati to address party workers on Dr B R Ambedkar’s anniversary 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- !6 year old girl battling for life after acid attack 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Prez to inaugurate Int'l Gita Mahotsav today 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana CM approves Rs 50 cr for national hydrology project 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Mismanagement in demonetisation, says HP Cong 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana begins online process for pvt school 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- INLD alleges PM not giving time to political parties on SYL 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If disagreements continue among the political parties (on Constitution), others might try to influence us. Leaders must move forward.
I'm excited because it's the first time I'm doing back-to-back films. It's not easy playing two distinct characters.
Alliance talks in some way demoralises our workers. My party's leadership has not asked me to look for a tie-up (with anybody).