- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Guv advisor visits Deoghar ahead of President’s visit
A fortnight ahead of the President’s visit to Jharkhand, Advisor to Governor, K Vijay Kumar visited Deoghar to take stock of the preparations made the District officials. President, Pranab Mukherjee is slated to visit three Districts of Jharkhand viz Deoghar, Godda and Dumka.
Kumar held the meeting with the officials of District administration and other departments for hours and reviewed the development works being undertaken in Deoghar.
The President will inaugurate a solar power plant in Deoghar. In the meeting, Kumar emphasised cleanliness in the city and instructed the municipal officials to ensure the city remains clean especially during President’s visit. Reportedly, Kumar also visited the famous Baba Baidyanath temple in Deoghar and asked the authorities to ensure the drains around the temple do not get clogged. The President is expected to visit Deoghar on May 1 and is likely to visit the temple.
Kumar during his trip to Deoghar inspected the aerodrome. Significantly, the President’s tour will start from April 9 and the itinerary includes taking part in convocation in Sido Kanhu Murmu University in Dumka and laying foundation stone of the 1320 MW power plant in Godda, a first in Santhal Pargana.
Kumar’s visit comes after a tour by senior administrative and Police officials to the three areas.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- SP failed to fulfill promises: Maya 29 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP to organize Parivartan yatras for ‘Mission 2017’ 29 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Former Mayor Rai Died of prolonged illness 29 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Azam made indirect attack on Singh 29 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Have to get rid of BSP and SP says Pathak 29 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Protests fail to deter eviction drive; process to be intensified 29 Aug 2016 | SANJEEV JHA | in Ranchi
- Capital’s first Urban Haat soon to lure shopaholics 29 Aug 2016 | Pragya Pallavi | in Ranchi
- Newly-recruited teachers to get salary in Sept 29 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Health officials cry foul over dengue data provided by neighbouring States 29 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- September rain necessary for farmers, says Agro-Met expert 29 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
28 Aug 2016 | Aakriti Mehrotra
Performances from Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu give us reason to be proud and buoyant about the future. Their staggering acts have given a lot of people, especially girls, a reason to go and venture into a field that is tough to break into One has to be an eternal optimist to believe that sports can be a liniment to a nation’s ills, but there is something so delightful about them...
The power of books is immense. It is important to get more students involved in books that are beyond their academic curriculum.
I’m hurt and take responsibility for the Rio debacle. But my boys’ performances were satisfactory given the tough draws they got.
I am launching an audit to look into racial disparities in our public services. It will highlight the differences in outcomes for people of different backgrounds.