- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Guv advisor visits Deoghar ahead of President’s visit
A fortnight ahead of the President’s visit to Jharkhand, Advisor to Governor, K Vijay Kumar visited Deoghar to take stock of the preparations made the District officials. President, Pranab Mukherjee is slated to visit three Districts of Jharkhand viz Deoghar, Godda and Dumka.
Kumar held the meeting with the officials of District administration and other departments for hours and reviewed the development works being undertaken in Deoghar.
The President will inaugurate a solar power plant in Deoghar. In the meeting, Kumar emphasised cleanliness in the city and instructed the municipal officials to ensure the city remains clean especially during President’s visit. Reportedly, Kumar also visited the famous Baba Baidyanath temple in Deoghar and asked the authorities to ensure the drains around the temple do not get clogged. The President is expected to visit Deoghar on May 1 and is likely to visit the temple.
Kumar during his trip to Deoghar inspected the aerodrome. Significantly, the President’s tour will start from April 9 and the itinerary includes taking part in convocation in Sido Kanhu Murmu University in Dumka and laying foundation stone of the 1320 MW power plant in Godda, a first in Santhal Pargana.
Kumar’s visit comes after a tour by senior administrative and Police officials to the three areas.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Maoist held in Dantewada dist 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- SECL to use fixed water sprinkler to manage coal dust 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Two IEDs unearthed in Kanker district 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- State Government prepares plans for Rabi season sowing activity 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- BSP to install rain water harvesting system at administrative building 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NRDA seeks people’s ideas to design city’s gates 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Bhagat ties knot, set to go behind bars 05 Oct 2015 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Food Security Act: Grains distribution to begin on Oct 11 05 Oct 2015 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Palamu Tiger Reserve starts tourists bus 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kharkai bridge to be repaired before Durga Puja 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | Dantewada
A 36-year-old Maoist allegedly involved in an attack on Congress party’s convoy during the ‘Parivartan Yatra’ held on May 25, 2013 at Jheeram valley of Sukma district was arrested by joint squad of Special Task Force (STF) and District Force (DF) in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday. “Acting on a tip-off, security personnel have arrested the Naxal from restive Chikanpal Patelpara village falling under limits of Katekalyan...
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is discriminating against Opposition Chief Ministers and the States ruled by them.
It was great working with superstar Sylvester Stallone. As an actor, would be greedy and want that opportunity again.
Neither Hindus nor Muslims benefitted from the Dadri killing. Only political parties and politicians are benefitting.