- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Kejriwal slams Modi for no action against Sonia
- Under-fire IOA approaches Tendulkar, Rahman
- Court orders framing charges in coal block case against Jindal
- Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Allow states to hold separate medical entrance test: Centre to SC
- Swamy challenges expunging of comments in RS
Guv advisor visits Deoghar ahead of President’s visit
A fortnight ahead of the President’s visit to Jharkhand, Advisor to Governor, K Vijay Kumar visited Deoghar to take stock of the preparations made the District officials. President, Pranab Mukherjee is slated to visit three Districts of Jharkhand viz Deoghar, Godda and Dumka.
Kumar held the meeting with the officials of District administration and other departments for hours and reviewed the development works being undertaken in Deoghar.
The President will inaugurate a solar power plant in Deoghar. In the meeting, Kumar emphasised cleanliness in the city and instructed the municipal officials to ensure the city remains clean especially during President’s visit. Reportedly, Kumar also visited the famous Baba Baidyanath temple in Deoghar and asked the authorities to ensure the drains around the temple do not get clogged. The President is expected to visit Deoghar on May 1 and is likely to visit the temple.
Kumar during his trip to Deoghar inspected the aerodrome. Significantly, the President’s tour will start from April 9 and the itinerary includes taking part in convocation in Sido Kanhu Murmu University in Dumka and laying foundation stone of the 1320 MW power plant in Godda, a first in Santhal Pargana.
Kumar’s visit comes after a tour by senior administrative and Police officials to the three areas.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Ramoowalia’s fate is not confirmed yet 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM asks centre to give NOC for over bridge 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt sets up Drought monitoring cell 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to go for alliance with small outfits 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State BJP announces candidates for Bilari, Ghazipur 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Govt still indecisive on repealing Block Grant 29 Apr 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Mere 8% from Odisha qualify for JEE Advanced 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Women own 12,580 MSME units in State 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 195 schools with less than 5 students closed 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Polavaram: NGT gives time to AP to present case 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
24 Apr 2016 | Rup Narayan Das
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar’s recent visit to China assumes immense significance in light of the long-standing complex relationship and the security dilemma that exists between the two countries. Political interaction at the higher level is always conducive for strategic trust and communication China is India’s largest neighbour and the two countries share a land border of 3,488 km, which is undemarcated and is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC)...
Why is the Prime Minister silent on AgustaWestland scam? First, the BJP spared (Robert) Vadra, now it is protecting the Congress top brass.
I am extremely proud of my rags to riches story, it's fun to be a misfit or an underdog if you acknowledge your gifts and befriend your obstacles.
For the first time I am supporting Salman (Khan) on my belief that what he is doing is right. Instead and alcohol or tobacco, he is promoting sports.