- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Guv advisor visits Deoghar ahead of President’s visit
A fortnight ahead of the President’s visit to Jharkhand, Advisor to Governor, K Vijay Kumar visited Deoghar to take stock of the preparations made the District officials. President, Pranab Mukherjee is slated to visit three Districts of Jharkhand viz Deoghar, Godda and Dumka.
Kumar held the meeting with the officials of District administration and other departments for hours and reviewed the development works being undertaken in Deoghar.
The President will inaugurate a solar power plant in Deoghar. In the meeting, Kumar emphasised cleanliness in the city and instructed the municipal officials to ensure the city remains clean especially during President’s visit. Reportedly, Kumar also visited the famous Baba Baidyanath temple in Deoghar and asked the authorities to ensure the drains around the temple do not get clogged. The President is expected to visit Deoghar on May 1 and is likely to visit the temple.
Kumar during his trip to Deoghar inspected the aerodrome. Significantly, the President’s tour will start from April 9 and the itinerary includes taking part in convocation in Sido Kanhu Murmu University in Dumka and laying foundation stone of the 1320 MW power plant in Godda, a first in Santhal Pargana.
Kumar’s visit comes after a tour by senior administrative and Police officials to the three areas.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- No need for extra funds this fiscal 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- No intention to hurt people of UP & Bihar: Naik 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP fails to improve state’s conditon: Bajpai 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mehrotra files case agst singh 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Social activists writes to usaman seeking imp info 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fresh bout of unrest in B'pur Varsity 26 Nov 2015 | KRUSHNA CHANDRA PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Illegal sand lifting rampant in Birupa 26 Nov 2015 | JYOTIRANJAN RAJARAM PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Paradip Port to handle 100 MTPA in 3 years 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parts of M'giri hit by Maoist bandh 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19 rare turtles in illegal confinement rescued 26 Nov 2015 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
Hugging Lalu Prasad is not okay. It's good that I left Arvind's company, or else I would also be facing a similar predicament.
Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Anil Kapoor are doing television. It shows the medium is not small.
Some people are raking up the intolerance issue to thwart our chances of getting permanent membership of UNSC.