- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Some bureaucrats dancing to the tune of opposition : CM 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Speaker orders forceful eviction of opposition from House 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM tabled first supplementary grants for current fiscal 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ansari ruled out possibilities of QED merger into SP 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CAG slammed state government for the gender bias 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Constable kills colleague before ending his own life 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Chandigarh to remain capital issue in Punjab polls 24 Aug 2016 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Haryana gears up to welcome Sakshi 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Chaos in HP Assembly on ‘fresh revelations’ against CM 24 Aug 2016 | IANS | in Chandigarh
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front 24 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
All his artificial love which he (Arvind Kejriwal) is professing for Goans, is buried in his ambitious plan of looting and eradicating the Goan identity.
We need to stop getting taxed as much we do. Hollywood films aren't as taxed as Indian films which are bleeding.
We strongly support all efforts between India and Pakistan that can contribute to a more stable and prosperous region.