- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Govt worked for welfare of students : CM 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ministers in SP to be reinstated 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rural schedule of power tariff in rural areas 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Micro-finance companies business come down by 50 per cent 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Demonetisation taken in national interest : Rajnath Singh 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM to address Parivartan rally in Moradabad 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Demonetisation - biggest scam in nation : Congress 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Dense fog claimed five lives 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Big bang: Make in Odsiha nets Rs 2.3 lakh cr! 03 Dec 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- Make job plan for 1.25 crore youths: Pradhan asks State 03 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
29 Nov 2016 | Ananya Borgohain
The third edition of this unique festival promises to bring renowned names from different fields together for engaging and creative discussions, writes Ananya Borgohain The third edition of the Great Indian Film and Literature Festival is all set to start on December 2, 2016 at DLF Cyber Hub, Gurgaon. The festival that started in 2015 will see renowned artists of both the Indian film industry as well as the literary fraternity...
Army has been deployed without informing the State Government. This is unprecedented and serious. Is this a military coup?
For me, female attention is one of the best things ever. I love women and women love me. I love being a sex symbol.
Prime Minister Modi is a prisoner of his own image, inflicting suffering on the people of India to protect his own persona.