- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Anganwadi workers hit streets for job regularisation in city 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CB takes Rehman on 15-day remand 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Jai Jagannath, CM joins Facebook 05 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Investors lodge plaint against Cuttack chit firm 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SDGs: Chief Secy asks Depts to stick to norms 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Excise case conviction very low: Excise Min 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Naveen involved in chit fund scam: PCC chief 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- EIC suspended on graft charge 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rs6,000 crore loans set for this Kharif 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt has no info about potato stock 05 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
I never thought I would be in this position (winning Premier League). It's an achievement that might not be achieved again.
Sarbjit is one of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's best performances. She is a huge star, but very nice and humble.
I am honoured to be the presumptive nominee for the Republican Party. I's time to unite and defeat Hillary Clinton.