- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
- Crorepati bank assistant in Vig net 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Six-month old elephant calf dies in pond 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CSIR-IIP marks 59th Foundation Day 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun