- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- One dead in panchayat pre-poll violence 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJP goes all out for success of PM’s Saharanpur rally 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Notification for RS, Council polls issued 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Lucknow set to be a smart(er) city 25 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- MSY visits Neeraj at RML Hosp 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Irani to launch Education portal 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Godman arrested for sexual exploitation 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Mishra writes Ranjan to order probe into `Salary Sharing Scam’ 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- State Govt reshuffles 26 Bureaucrats 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Mega PWS projects still hangs in balance 25 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
We respect Pakistan's territorial integrity. But we will carry out strikes to remove terrorists directing attacks against US.
Time was when we shot in Kashmir every year. Now (I am) going to be shooting there for the first time after 1984.
We will ensure that the Yamuna river is cleaned on a war footing and Punjab's Seechewal model is implemented in Delhi.