- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Employees, farmers resort to civil disobedience 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Violence in hosps: Is it just part of docs’ job? 06 Oct 2015 | SUNDEEP MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- My women characters never admit defeat 06 Oct 2015 | SUGYAN CHOUDHURY | in Bhubaneswar
- Five-day Durga puja in Cuttack from Oct 20 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Puri civic body staffs call off stir 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pay Rs3K, get your child’s age lowered 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong demands whitepaper on drought 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SP urges CM to check price rise 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Displaced farmers stage stir at Kujang 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Employees oppose Centre’s insurance Bill 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
06 Oct 2015 | PNS | NAYAGARH
Demanding payment of arrears and reopening of the Nayagarh Sugar Mill, employees of the mill and members of the Akhu Chasi Mahasangh and Krushak Sangh under the banner of the Nayagarh Chinikala Banchao Kriyanusthana Committee resorted to civil disobedience in front of the Nayagarh Collectorate here on Monday. The agitators also locked up the main gate of the Collector office...
There is clear evidence where all the Taliban leadership is based. It is in Pakistan. Who is helping them, coaching them?
They that possess the skills to be within notes and sounds independent of any other input, are the blessed. We are not.
Israel is waging a fight to the death against Palestinian terror. This includes speeded-up demolition of terrorists' homes.