ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
- Probe team focuses on land deal at Nagadih 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Naxals kill villager for being police spy 28 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- PTR suffers one more elephant loss 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 72 cases disposed in Lok Adalat 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- PTS suspects Anthrax behind male elephant’s death 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Administration seals Cafeteria 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NGO spreads awareness for menstrual hygiene 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- India attained greater heights under Modi regime 28 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 5 killed as illegal mine caves in 28 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi