- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Modi had always betrayed farmers : Akhilesh 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘Gundaraj’ prevails in UP : Amit Shah 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Campaigning for fourth phase of assembly elections ends 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP-Congress accused RSS as fascist forces 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Jungle raj prevailed during SP regime : Mayawati 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Nutan and Amitabh Thakur once again take a dig on Gayatri Prajapati 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM seems relying more on social media : Akhilesh Yadav 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP heading towards full majority in UP : Gangwar 22 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Students enjoy annual fest Anandita 2017 22 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Miscreant arrested for attacking woman 22 Feb 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
Indira Gandhi’s aura was different, while the aura of Narendra Modi is diminishing. She was ousted in a poll but again accepted by them.
Hrithik Roshan chapter is done and dusted, and it doesn't hold any relevance in today's time. It's over for me.
Some people don't want to see a strengthened BJP in Delhi. Such frustrated people are creating rumours of differences.