- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Raj Babbar lashes out at PM Narendra Modi 26 Oct 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh appeals PM to increase kerosene share for UP 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Family, Samajwadi Party united says MSY; refuses rift within party 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati slams RSS and PM 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Do not blame BJP for SP”s family fued: Manoj Sinha 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ram Gopal likely to be replaced by Beni Prasad Verma 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Less chances for re-instate of sacked ministers 26 Oct 2016 | VN Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Robust strategy to be in place, says CEC 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Diwali bonanza: Punjab ok’s regularisation of 30K staff 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- SAD asks Kejriwal to explain why he took Cong help to form Govt in Delhi 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
When the issue of five crore rupees came up, I intervened and told the film producers' guild that they don't have to agree to it.
I have an iPhone, but it's like one you give your two-year-old, where it pretends to press things, but nothing happens.
Akhilesh Yadav has been misguided by Azam Khan. He should understand Khan's design and mend fences with his father.