- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
ITDC takes up beautification work at several tourist spots
Untouched beauty Jharkhand has caught the eyes of Ministry of Tourism besides many others. The Ministry has chosen 34 tourist destinations across the State to be developed and beautified. It has also sanctioned Rs 50 crores for the purpose.
The project has been divided in two phases. For the first phase, amount of Rs 38.12 crore has been sanctioned for development of total 34 tourist destination. The spots have some old and famous temples those would be revamped and facilities for visitors would be improved. Taking step in the direction former Tourism Minister and Ranchi MP Subodh Kant Sahay laid the foundation stone for development work at Pahari Mandir on Wednesday. Similarly he will inaugurate beautification work of Jagannath temple and integrated religious places at Dhulli (Mcluskeiganj) on Thursday.
He said that Pahari Mandir was the centre of belief and heritage of historical significance. Sahay also said that he had recommended the project ‘Development of tourist sites under mega tourist circuit’ to develop the capital and its adjoining tourist places when was tourism minister. There are a total of 58 tourist visiting spots in and around the city. After the approval development work of these places has been started
Sources said that the phase two project is also almost sanctioned by the Union ministry of tourism and its sanctioned letter will be issued shortly. Apart from temples, Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) has identified others sites also to develop those into tourist destinations. For this they have also issued tender for Johna Fall and Getalsud dam.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Survey exposes poor state of farmers in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weekly roundups 25 Jul 2016 | BAIDYANATH MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists call Kandhamal, R’gada bandh today 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 new battalions to tackle Maoists 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NCST report on K’mal killings 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre asks for non-coal mining pollution report 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- OSPCB slaps closure notice on 10 Puri hotels 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC directs personal appearance of Health Secy 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 BJP leaders ousted from city unit 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Dengue toll rises to five in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The Modi Government is not concerned about the people of Kashmir as he was not present either in the Lok Sabha or the Rajya Sabha when the issue was discussed.
I just enjoy what I do, I don't really strive for perfection, I don't feel pressurised by the competition.
In preventive diplomacy and resolution of conflict, the UN’s role is to put people together. Hopefully, we will resolve this (Kashmir) conflict.