- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Lizard found in mid-day meal,15 students fall ill
In a shocking case of negligence, about 15 students of Aryavedic Madhya Vidyalaya, Kasidih fell ill and were rushed to MGM Medical College and Hospital fearing food poisoning due to a lizard allegedly found in mid-day meal today.
The school received their food from the Ramdas Bhatta based centralised kitchen run by Annamrita Foundation, a wing of Iskcon on Monday morning but students alleged that they spotted a lizard in a plate after the teachers started distributing food at around 1 pm. To avoid any risk, headmaster of the school Ashok Kumar Singh took 15 students between KG and II who had consumed the food by then. The school has 243 students.
“Trust me nobody was serious but we didn't want to take any risk. So, we rushed them to MGM Hospital. The students felt bad when they saw a lizard in food. So, I informed the parents and rushed the students to hospital," said Singh.
Some students alongwith their parents had come to the MGM Hospital. Some were discharged after an initial round of check up.
Doctors treating the children at MGM Hospital said students complained of stomach ache but it was nothing serious. All students were released after a few hours.
“I am aware of the incident. But students were fine. We would look into the matter. There is already a committee investigating the matter. The Annamrita Foundation always claims that food at their kitchen is prepared in huge utensils and boilers. May be it happened during transportation or it was in the utensils," said district superintendent of education (DSE) Banke Bihari Singh.
The Iskcon Food Relief Foundation started its pilot project in the city on April 2012 though the foundation stone was laid by chief minister Arjun Munda in July 2011. The Rs 4.28 crore kitchen is a collaboration with Tata Steel.
Tata Steel provides the infrastructure that would be required for successful rollout of the Mid-Day Meal Programme while ISKCON Food Relief Foundation, an NGO that provides top-class Mid-Day Meal Services in various towns and cities across the country, takes charge of the day-to-day management of the programme.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi