Locals stage protest, demand toll tax waiver
Hundreds of locals staged protest on the NH 23 Ranchi-Bokaro-Dhanbad Road near Tandbalidih demanding toll waiver at the newly-constructed toll plaza.
Local residents gathered near the toll plaza blocked the road, halted transportation at Jainamore Stand and staged a two-hour protest. All protesters were from neighbouring villages of Kasmar, Jaridih as well as Chas block.
The newly constructed Toll Plaza was inaugurated on 9 October and RK Transport a private company got the tender to collects toll at the Tandbalidih in Bokaro.
When we locals approached the officials, they were told there was no provision for the fee waiver, said Navine a resident of Jaridih.
“Most houses have more than one car. Now, if each car is charged Rs 30 every time we go out and return home, it creates a burden to all of them,” said Anant a member of Bokaro Youth Brigadier.
JVM local leader Mangal Singh demanded waiving the tax for commuters residing in the 20 km radius of the toll plaza. Singh along with party members handed over a memorandum to Deputy Commissioner RM P Ray regarding this.
Singh, urged the DC that toll should be waived for commuters residing in the radius of 20 kms and, instead, a pass should be issued to them.
Later the protestors held a meet, in which it was decided that if the issue was not resolved in the next 10 days, a bigger protest would be staged in the area, he said.
However, NHAI Project Director Satyendra Kumar told that such protests are common during the initial stage or starting of a Toll Plaza, “later it will be resolved”, he added.
- Himalayan region shows lack of political will: Chipko leader 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM meets Javadekar, Prasad 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Working committee meeting to be held in State on Dec 17 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex CM Rawat confuses people: Ajay Bhatt 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Minister listens to people‚Äôs grievances at Janata Milan 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Margin money a concern for Rural Bus applicants 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Student leaders seek removal of Exam controller 12 Dec 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Nothing but waste of public money 12 Dec 2017 | Gp Semwal | in Dehradun
- Seth holds meeting for Khadi, Saras Mela 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Villagers angry as Gairsain debate lingers on 12 Dec 2017 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun