Mystery shrouds death of Bangalore-based executive
Mystery shrouded the death of a 50-year-old man, Martin Gregory, who was from Bangalore and was staying at a Sakchi-based Hotel Grand, died at the Tata Main Hospital around midnight.
Though he was taken to Tata Main Hospital last night on alleged complaint of heart pain, but doctors told police that the victim had head injuries. He was bleeding from the head and it was apparent that he might have been hit.
On getting information from the hospital, a police team led by Deputy Superintendent of Police (city) Animesh Nathani went to the hotel for probing into the incident. Nathani seized the register at the reception counter and took the hotel staff, including manager Ranjit Kumar into custody for interrogation.
The hotel manager said Martin had checked in the hotel on May 9 and was staying at the room No 101 of the hotel. He works at a Bangalore-based company, M K Ltd, and had come for official tour at Tata Steel.
"Martin claimed that he had slipped in the bathroom last evening. But, an hour later he said he was also feeling pain in the chest. As it was a case of chest pain, I along with two other hotel staff took him to a private nursing-home," said the hotel manager Ranjit. The manager said the doctors at the nursing-home advised them to take the man to Tata Main Hospital.
DSP (city) Nathani said there must be something wrong and the hotel staff are willing to speak out. "We are probing into the incident . We will get a forensic examination of Room No 101 where Martin was staying and also will wait for the post-mortem report after the body is sent to the MGM Medical College mortuary for the autopsy," said the DSP (city). A police official informed said that the family members of the deceased have been informed.
- Police conducts mapping of incidents to bust snatching gangs 27 Jun 2017 | MUKESH RANJANA | in Ranchi
- Ill-maintained school buses under Admin radar 27 Jun 2017 | PRAGYAPALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Inbrief. 27 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Traders in a ‘wait and watch’ over GST 27 Jun 2017 | SANJEEV JHA | in Ranchi
- Police to attach properties of absconding accused 27 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JGLS graduates in leading law firms 27 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- BJP MP dubs small ‘dovas’ as death wells 27 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hindi play ‘Raakh Se Uda Panchi’ showcased at Shaheed Bhavan 27 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- What Ministers forget is more important, quips Roy 27 Jun 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Theatre buffs enjoy ‘Khubsurat Bahu’ at Antarang Hall 27 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal