- SC verdict on privacy blow to fascist forces: Rahul Gandhi
- Rs 200 notes to be issued on Friday: RBI
- BRD college: UP govt transfers Addl Chief Secy Anita Bhatnagar
- Curfew-like restrictions in Chandigarh, Panchkula ahead of Gurmeet verdict
- Good governance essential for citizens' welfare: Modi
- SC declares right to privacy as Fundamental right
- HC seeks Kejriwal's reply on Jaitley's fresh application
- 50 students hospitalised after ammonia gas leak near school
- Pak using India as 'excuse' to support terrorist groups: US
- Lt. Col. Purohit released from Taloja jail after 9 years
No water crisis this summer, claims Min
In a bid to tackle water crisis effectively during this summer, Drinking Water and Sanitation Department Minister Chandra Prakash Chaudhary on Thursday cancelled leave applications of Superintending, Assistant and Junior Engineers all over the state from April 1 to June 30.
Ensuring that there will be no water crisis this time, the minister said that several effective steps have been taken to make it available among the people both in urban and rural areas.
“Leaves of all Superintending, Assistant and Junior Engineers have been cancelled from April 1 to June 30 so that they remain available for the people round the clock and people do not have to face any problem in this regard,” said the minister. Mobile numbers of concerned engineers and officials are also being made public and have been directed to remain available on it round the clock, he added.
“Assistant and Junior Engineers have been made nodal officers in each of the blocks with a direction to keep their mobile phones on or action will be taken against them,” Chaudhary said. To keep coordination among themselves, each of the nodal officers has been directed to create a WhatsApp group, including Jal Sahiyas, Mukhia, BDO, CO and CDPO along with Assistant, Executive and Superintending Engineers, he added.
He further added that Executive, Assistant and Junior Engineers will also be there in that group who will review the work on daily basis. “Engineer in Chief, PMU Director and Regional Chief Engineer will also be in this group,” he said.
Chaudhary further added that several control rooms have been formed at the division and block level along with a centralised control room at headquarter level.
Close vigil is being kept so that not a single hand pump remains abundant due to lack of repair and vehicles have been made available at each of the block level to remove hindrances on the way of their repair, he said. Required funds have also been made available to the concerned Executive Engineer, he added.
The minister said that water will be supplied through tankers in the rural areas and quick action will be taken by the concerned engineers if any technical problem arises in areas where water is supplied through pipelines.
- Inbrief 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IIFT organises freshers cum farewell party 24 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC grants bail to Medha Patkar 24 Aug 2017 | PTI | in Bhopal
- in brief 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Haven‚Äôt quit, says NURL VC Nirmal 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ABVP members meet Guv on students‚Äô polls 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Dr Nutan Thakur submits complaint about three alleged phone conversations 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ram Naik submits memorandum of demands 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Keshav Prasad Maurya extends all possible help to the victims 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Seven persons arrested for leakage of question papers 24 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow