- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
No water crisis this summer, claims Min
In a bid to tackle water crisis effectively during this summer, Drinking Water and Sanitation Department Minister Chandra Prakash Chaudhary on Thursday cancelled leave applications of Superintending, Assistant and Junior Engineers all over the state from April 1 to June 30.
Ensuring that there will be no water crisis this time, the minister said that several effective steps have been taken to make it available among the people both in urban and rural areas.
“Leaves of all Superintending, Assistant and Junior Engineers have been cancelled from April 1 to June 30 so that they remain available for the people round the clock and people do not have to face any problem in this regard,” said the minister. Mobile numbers of concerned engineers and officials are also being made public and have been directed to remain available on it round the clock, he added.
“Assistant and Junior Engineers have been made nodal officers in each of the blocks with a direction to keep their mobile phones on or action will be taken against them,” Chaudhary said. To keep coordination among themselves, each of the nodal officers has been directed to create a WhatsApp group, including Jal Sahiyas, Mukhia, BDO, CO and CDPO along with Assistant, Executive and Superintending Engineers, he added.
He further added that Executive, Assistant and Junior Engineers will also be there in that group who will review the work on daily basis. “Engineer in Chief, PMU Director and Regional Chief Engineer will also be in this group,” he said.
Chaudhary further added that several control rooms have been formed at the division and block level along with a centralised control room at headquarter level.
Close vigil is being kept so that not a single hand pump remains abundant due to lack of repair and vehicles have been made available at each of the block level to remove hindrances on the way of their repair, he said. Required funds have also been made available to the concerned Executive Engineer, he added.
The minister said that water will be supplied through tankers in the rural areas and quick action will be taken by the concerned engineers if any technical problem arises in areas where water is supplied through pipelines.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun