- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
No water crisis this summer, claims Min
In a bid to tackle water crisis effectively during this summer, Drinking Water and Sanitation Department Minister Chandra Prakash Chaudhary on Thursday cancelled leave applications of Superintending, Assistant and Junior Engineers all over the state from April 1 to June 30.
Ensuring that there will be no water crisis this time, the minister said that several effective steps have been taken to make it available among the people both in urban and rural areas.
“Leaves of all Superintending, Assistant and Junior Engineers have been cancelled from April 1 to June 30 so that they remain available for the people round the clock and people do not have to face any problem in this regard,” said the minister. Mobile numbers of concerned engineers and officials are also being made public and have been directed to remain available on it round the clock, he added.
“Assistant and Junior Engineers have been made nodal officers in each of the blocks with a direction to keep their mobile phones on or action will be taken against them,” Chaudhary said. To keep coordination among themselves, each of the nodal officers has been directed to create a WhatsApp group, including Jal Sahiyas, Mukhia, BDO, CO and CDPO along with Assistant, Executive and Superintending Engineers, he added.
He further added that Executive, Assistant and Junior Engineers will also be there in that group who will review the work on daily basis. “Engineer in Chief, PMU Director and Regional Chief Engineer will also be in this group,” he said.
Chaudhary further added that several control rooms have been formed at the division and block level along with a centralised control room at headquarter level.
Close vigil is being kept so that not a single hand pump remains abundant due to lack of repair and vehicles have been made available at each of the block level to remove hindrances on the way of their repair, he said. Required funds have also been made available to the concerned Executive Engineer, he added.
The minister said that water will be supplied through tankers in the rural areas and quick action will be taken by the concerned engineers if any technical problem arises in areas where water is supplied through pipelines.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal