- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
NSUI questions appointments at St Columba’s College
The National Students' Union of India's Vinoba Bhave University unit has raised questions on the appointments made by the Diocese Church in St Columba’s College, Hazaribagh.
The district president of NSUI Prakash Kumar Yadav has given a letter to the registrar of VBU to enquire into the matter and has sent its copies to the Chancellor Office and State HRD Ministry. Yadav Said that church has neither given any advertisement of vacancy nor appointed experts as stated in the act. Few days ago, the Diocese Church had appointed four lecturers in different departments of St Columba’s College. Last month when interview for these appointments were going on, complaints had been sent to Chancellor Office that lecturers are acting as experts in the interview for the post of lecturer.
District President of NSUI said that the St. Columbas administration has also worked against the Act. The joining of new appointees had been taken without the approval of syndicate. He has demanded to cancel the appointments and to issue directives to the Diocese Church to start process once again as per the Act and statute. In 1960's, Government took over the college and a contract was made in which the Diocese Church was given the power of appointment on 10 per cent sanctioned posts of the college as per existingacts but in the last 10 years every appointment made by the church is creating problem for the university administration.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- NMDC to develop ‘Central Plant Store’ 10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Energy audit of Pt Ravishankar Shukla varsity campus soon 10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Murkutta village celebrates ODF status 10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 1L aged persons took pilgrimage trip: Govt 10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- centre can not intervene in state matters, says rajnath 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- mayawati threatens bjp 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- prty leaders should connect with people: rajnath 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- samajwadi rejects charges levelled by mayawati 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- seven killed and injured in an accident near Ghaghra ghat railway station At Bahraich 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Action against illegal slaughtering prove fatal 10 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | Jagdalpur
NMDC Ltd — the country’s largest producer and exporter of iron ore, would be setting up ‘Central Plant Store’ for 3.0 MTPA Integrated Steel Plant at Nagarnar near Jagdalpur in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh...
We are very disturbed over the brutal manner in which an Indian lady has been treated in Saudi Arabia. It's unacceptable.
Guilty in the Dadri killing will be punished, even if I have to risk my Government in Uttar Pradesh for that.
We have to encourage Wall Street to live up to its proper role in our economy, helping Main Street grow and prosper.