- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
NSUI questions appointments at St Columba’s College
The National Students' Union of India's Vinoba Bhave University unit has raised questions on the appointments made by the Diocese Church in St Columba’s College, Hazaribagh.
The district president of NSUI Prakash Kumar Yadav has given a letter to the registrar of VBU to enquire into the matter and has sent its copies to the Chancellor Office and State HRD Ministry. Yadav Said that church has neither given any advertisement of vacancy nor appointed experts as stated in the act. Few days ago, the Diocese Church had appointed four lecturers in different departments of St Columba’s College. Last month when interview for these appointments were going on, complaints had been sent to Chancellor Office that lecturers are acting as experts in the interview for the post of lecturer.
District President of NSUI said that the St. Columbas administration has also worked against the Act. The joining of new appointees had been taken without the approval of syndicate. He has demanded to cancel the appointments and to issue directives to the Diocese Church to start process once again as per the Act and statute. In 1960's, Government took over the college and a contract was made in which the Diocese Church was given the power of appointment on 10 per cent sanctioned posts of the college as per existingacts but in the last 10 years every appointment made by the church is creating problem for the university administration.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- FIR against CM and other party members 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Strong reaction on abusive language used during protest 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Congress set to organisze Interaction Program with workers 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Samajwadi Party slams BJP and BSP for attacking the dignity of women 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM accuses Center for not releasing funds 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Siddique defend workers action 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Justice Das: Main task is to end indiscipline 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Puri servitors’ hereditary tights must end’ 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Peace building efforts on between C’garh, Odisha 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Two commissions in 11 days 23 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
17 Jul 2016 | Rajiv Nayan
India has an effervescent nuclear industrial base, robust legal and regulatory system for export control, commitment to non-proliferation, and willingness to work with the international community to fight proliferation. If this doesn’t qualify us for NSG membership, what does? In recent weeks, India’s engagement with the nuclear world grabbed the limelight because of its campaign for membership of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG)...
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.