- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
NSUI questions appointments at St Columba’s College
The National Students' Union of India's Vinoba Bhave University unit has raised questions on the appointments made by the Diocese Church in St Columba’s College, Hazaribagh.
The district president of NSUI Prakash Kumar Yadav has given a letter to the registrar of VBU to enquire into the matter and has sent its copies to the Chancellor Office and State HRD Ministry. Yadav Said that church has neither given any advertisement of vacancy nor appointed experts as stated in the act. Few days ago, the Diocese Church had appointed four lecturers in different departments of St Columba’s College. Last month when interview for these appointments were going on, complaints had been sent to Chancellor Office that lecturers are acting as experts in the interview for the post of lecturer.
District President of NSUI said that the St. Columbas administration has also worked against the Act. The joining of new appointees had been taken without the approval of syndicate. He has demanded to cancel the appointments and to issue directives to the Diocese Church to start process once again as per the Act and statute. In 1960's, Government took over the college and a contract was made in which the Diocese Church was given the power of appointment on 10 per cent sanctioned posts of the college as per existingacts but in the last 10 years every appointment made by the church is creating problem for the university administration.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Congress illustrated Rahul’s Poster 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maya slams Modi 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Khan comes to the rescue for cong 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rai released from Fatehgarh jail 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP to celebrate its two years success with villagers 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State set for two assembly by-polls on may 16 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State to offer extended help to investors 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Amarinder cautions NRIs against supporting AAP 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Science cluster soon in Haryana 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine ROBs sanctioned by rlys in Haryana 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
People of Goa will show the BJP Government its place if it continues with its support through grants to a non-regional language.
Doing a comedy is a bit different for the girls. Nobody expects girls to do something smart, or give one-liners in a film.
Nawaz Sharif, you will go to jail this time if you are proved guilty in corruption (following revelations in the Panama papers' leak)!