- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
NSUI questions appointments at St Columba’s College
The National Students' Union of India's Vinoba Bhave University unit has raised questions on the appointments made by the Diocese Church in St Columba’s College, Hazaribagh.
The district president of NSUI Prakash Kumar Yadav has given a letter to the registrar of VBU to enquire into the matter and has sent its copies to the Chancellor Office and State HRD Ministry. Yadav Said that church has neither given any advertisement of vacancy nor appointed experts as stated in the act. Few days ago, the Diocese Church had appointed four lecturers in different departments of St Columba’s College. Last month when interview for these appointments were going on, complaints had been sent to Chancellor Office that lecturers are acting as experts in the interview for the post of lecturer.
District President of NSUI said that the St. Columbas administration has also worked against the Act. The joining of new appointees had been taken without the approval of syndicate. He has demanded to cancel the appointments and to issue directives to the Diocese Church to start process once again as per the Act and statute. In 1960's, Government took over the college and a contract was made in which the Diocese Church was given the power of appointment on 10 per cent sanctioned posts of the college as per existingacts but in the last 10 years every appointment made by the church is creating problem for the university administration.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- No salary for 3 months, DMC docs threaten stir 01 Jun 2016 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun
- Workshop marks World Tobacco Day at DMC 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- New DGP takes a road different from his predecessors 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Scientists should make 2 models every yr’ 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Report on Panchayati Raj institutions submitted 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Summer camp for Army personnels’ children ends 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CS led meeting on employment generation held at Secretariat 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex-MP Tamta files papers for next RS poll 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Haridwar Army officer dies in Maharashtra fire incident 01 Jun 2016 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- Eight farmer groups pay off loan, are now proud apple orchard owners 01 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
If authorities do not act against the comedian who has disrespected our national icons, the MNS will deal with him.
I like Salman Khan's company; I hope he likes mine too. If Sultan had somebody else, I wouldn't have done it.
Samajwadi Party's attempt to form an alliance with the RLD shows that it is not confident of coming to power again in Uttar Pradesh.