NSUI questions appointments at St Columba’s College
The National Students' Union of India's Vinoba Bhave University unit has raised questions on the appointments made by the Diocese Church in St Columba’s College, Hazaribagh.
The district president of NSUI Prakash Kumar Yadav has given a letter to the registrar of VBU to enquire into the matter and has sent its copies to the Chancellor Office and State HRD Ministry. Yadav Said that church has neither given any advertisement of vacancy nor appointed experts as stated in the act. Few days ago, the Diocese Church had appointed four lecturers in different departments of St Columba’s College. Last month when interview for these appointments were going on, complaints had been sent to Chancellor Office that lecturers are acting as experts in the interview for the post of lecturer.
District President of NSUI said that the St. Columbas administration has also worked against the Act. The joining of new appointees had been taken without the approval of syndicate. He has demanded to cancel the appointments and to issue directives to the Diocese Church to start process once again as per the Act and statute. In 1960's, Government took over the college and a contract was made in which the Diocese Church was given the power of appointment on 10 per cent sanctioned posts of the college as per existingacts but in the last 10 years every appointment made by the church is creating problem for the university administration.
- Every 5th citizen in State has grievance: Baghel 22 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Patha Utsav: Savitri Puja observed on road 22 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Samleswari beat Durga in Belpahar Football 22 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NYCA holds its annual show with grandeur 22 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sanitation champions’ meet begins 22 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 23 IAS officers reshuffled in C'garh 22 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Das for reducing gap between Govt, people 22 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Take Capt Saurabh Kalia's case to ICJ: Ex-servicemen league urges Centre 22 May 2017 | PTI | in Chandigarh
- Sidhu accuses previous SAD-BJP Govt of diversion of funds 22 May 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Choppers to seed on hilltops under renewed plantation drive 22 May 2017 | PRAGYAPALLAVI | in Ranchi