- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
NSUI questions appointments at St Columba’s College
The National Students' Union of India's Vinoba Bhave University unit has raised questions on the appointments made by the Diocese Church in St Columba’s College, Hazaribagh.
The district president of NSUI Prakash Kumar Yadav has given a letter to the registrar of VBU to enquire into the matter and has sent its copies to the Chancellor Office and State HRD Ministry. Yadav Said that church has neither given any advertisement of vacancy nor appointed experts as stated in the act. Few days ago, the Diocese Church had appointed four lecturers in different departments of St Columba’s College. Last month when interview for these appointments were going on, complaints had been sent to Chancellor Office that lecturers are acting as experts in the interview for the post of lecturer.
District President of NSUI said that the St. Columbas administration has also worked against the Act. The joining of new appointees had been taken without the approval of syndicate. He has demanded to cancel the appointments and to issue directives to the Diocese Church to start process once again as per the Act and statute. In 1960's, Government took over the college and a contract was made in which the Diocese Church was given the power of appointment on 10 per cent sanctioned posts of the college as per existingacts but in the last 10 years every appointment made by the church is creating problem for the university administration.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP Minister Bill introduced by CM 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Those who left SP are rats says Azam khan 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Armed gunmen looted bank 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt spent heavy amount on refreshments 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maurya hit out at Maya 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP members left UP assembly session 30 Aug 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- RLD open for pre-poll alliance prior 2017 polls 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul to visit Amethi before ‘Kisan Yatra’ 30 Aug 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Municipal Cadre for better governance launched 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC puts Energy Secy, M’bhanj SP on notice 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
28 Aug 2016 | Aakriti Mehrotra
Performances from Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu give us reason to be proud and buoyant about the future. Their staggering acts have given a lot of people, especially girls, a reason to go and venture into a field that is tough to break into One has to be an eternal optimist to believe that sports can be a liniment to a nation’s ills, but there is something so delightful about them...
Our Constitution has no religion or caste. So there is no need to light traditional lamps during the inaugurations at state programmes or at school functions.
I can't step out of bed looking like a diva. My job is to act and not look pretty 24/7. I am not suppose to be a doll.
In India, we have emissions regulations. We understand this is important for public health, so we will try to go step by step to be accepted by Indian consumers.