Over 35,000 children receive vaccination
Altogether 35,585 children administered vaccine of Japanese Encephalitis in the district by April 19.
According to Dr. N K Razak,out of 35585 , 6393 are from the age of 1 to 5 yrs, 12303 are the age group of 5 to 10 yrs and 16889 childrens from the age group of 10 t0 15 have been administered administered the vaccine.The vaccination programme is going on.
Often, the Japanese encephalitis virus is transmitted through mosquitoes that usually breed in flooded rice fields. The virus then circulates in birds, uses pigs as an amplifying host and infects mosquitoes. When the infected mosquito population builds up, the disease spills over into the human population, said Dr. Razak.
“The disease starts as a fever, and can be accompanied by altered sensorium a feeling of drowsiness, disorientation and movement disorders.
There is no specific treatment available only supportive treatment is given. It can be fatal but a complete recovery is also possible. Some people are left with residual effects since it affects the brain,” Dr. Razak added.
- One more farmer commits suicide 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Death of 17 patients at MY Hospital: Administration yet to explain cause 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 10% reservation in jobs for statehood activists: PIL referred to three-judge Bench 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Missing case of 17-yr-old boy: HC pulls up police for inaction 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ICAI Bhopal branch holds Yoga Day 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Numbers of swamp deer dwindling: Experts 24 Jun 2017 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Burglars decamp with goods worth Rs 1L in Eintkhedi 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC seeks State’s reply on basic amenities in Govt schools by next week 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Five robbers arrested in 3 days, two bikes seized 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi