Over 35,000 children receive vaccination
Altogether 35,585 children administered vaccine of Japanese Encephalitis in the district by April 19.
According to Dr. N K Razak,out of 35585 , 6393 are from the age of 1 to 5 yrs, 12303 are the age group of 5 to 10 yrs and 16889 childrens from the age group of 10 t0 15 have been administered administered the vaccine.The vaccination programme is going on.
Often, the Japanese encephalitis virus is transmitted through mosquitoes that usually breed in flooded rice fields. The virus then circulates in birds, uses pigs as an amplifying host and infects mosquitoes. When the infected mosquito population builds up, the disease spills over into the human population, said Dr. Razak.
“The disease starts as a fever, and can be accompanied by altered sensorium a feeling of drowsiness, disorientation and movement disorders.
There is no specific treatment available only supportive treatment is given. It can be fatal but a complete recovery is also possible. Some people are left with residual effects since it affects the brain,” Dr. Razak added.
- Modi visits J'khand today, to review aspirational districts' dev 25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- HP suspends 5 officials, including IPS officer for Kasauli incident 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt issues advisory on Nipah virus 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Hemkund Sahib Yatra: An Exhilarating Spiritual experience 25 May 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Punjab imposes Rs 5 cr fine on erring mill 25 May 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Guv‚Äôs Cup Golf tournament to begin today 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt schools to pay domestic rates of power 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One accused of killing leopard cub arrested 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates modern lab complex at GGIC 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sanitation, employment and education are missions for Govt: Madan Kaushik 25 May 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun