PMAY beneficiaries complain of corruption in Chas
Over dozens of beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) at Chas in Bokaro from Ward no 24 and 25 met the Mayor and made a written complaint alleging that supervisors in their areas are asking for bribe from them for releasing the next installment of the money under the scheme here on Tuesday.
The written complaints were made by M Kumar, Anand, TK Das, S Kumar, R Das, J Gope, AK Das, D Kumar, A Rajwar, B Das, K Gope, N N Gope, K Das, AK Das including others alleging that supervisor had extorted from them for releasing the next instalment of money under the scheme to construct house.
Some beneficiaries said that their supervisors had taken Rs 1500 along with Form (PMAY) from them on the pretext of ensuring that they get the benefits of the housing scheme. The complainant also produced recordings (audio-video) before the Mayor as proof of demanding the bribe.
Taking stiff action Chas Municipal Corporation (CMC) Mayor Bholu Paswan asked the officials to lodge FIRs in such cases after investigation. “I have asked to sack the official or anyone concerned if they found guilty,” said Paswan.
“We have called a general meet in the wards on 13 June, all issues would be solved in the meet,” added the Mayor.
“An inquiry has been started following the complaint that somebody took money from the beneficiaries for releasing the installments,” he said.
Notably, on the directive of the higher-ups, CMC recently served notices to 20 PMAY’s beneficiaries who have not yet constructed their house despite withdrawing money under this scheme.
“We have asked those beneficiaries to refund the money as earliest”, said AK Mishra, Project Engineer cum Nodal Officer of CMC. “Legal action would be taken against those who did not refund the money,” he added.
Under this housing scheme, the government has targeted about 8,240 houses to be constructed in Bokaro district in the year 2017-18. The main objective of this project is to make affordable housing units and to make it easily available to the poor families, said the official
“In the year 2016-17 the government targeted to construct 10,293 houses in the district but it could not be accomplished, only 100 units were completed amidst installments (money) was allotted to the PMAY beneficiaries,” he added.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun