- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Police bust bike-lifter gang running DJ group
Ranchi police have busted a gang of nine students, including three minors, involved in bike theft and had been using duplicate keys to start bikes parked at different locations where DJ events were organized.
Talking to the media persons at Lalpur Police Station, Ranchi Superintendent of Police Aman Kumar said that fourteen stolen bikes along with 10 mobile phones have been recovered from their possession.
“Kumar Gaurav, a resident of Jehanabad, who is also a mastermind of this gang, owns a DJ Group and had been managing events. Other students came into Gaurav’s contact while searching for jobs and were dragged into this activity somehow after getting motivated by him to make quick money,” said the City SP. Recently, some of these people, including Gaurav, had also gone to Shimla and Manali for fun with the money earned by this activity, he added.
Kumar further said that they used to sell off the bikes stolen by them to some places Bihar like Nawadah and adjoining districts after tempering their engine and chassis numbers along with the number plates.
“They have been in this activity for at least 2 years and were involved in several cases related to bike theft,” said Kumar. A total of 14 bikes including one scooter, have been recovered from different locations like Anatnpur, Jalan Raod in Upper Bazar and Ketari Bagan in Chutia being used by these people, he added.
The SP said that the Kumar Gaurav and three others were identified from a CCTV footage obtained from the parking of Star Height Building during the investigations conducted for a bike theft of an Apache Motorcycle which had taken place on July 12. The group was contacted by the police after obtaining the group’s visiting card having mobile number of Gaurav over it.
“They were called in the name of organizing a DJ Event at Morhabadi Ground and taken to Lalpur Police Station by the Police for interrogations, who refused their involvement in any such activity but later admitted their involvement after they were made to hear a voice- call dealing with Saurabh Rawat regarding a bike stolen by him, recorded through spy call recording,” said the SP City.
Others who have been arrested include Abhishek Sharma from Bokaro, Sanidhya Sharma from Upper Bazar Ranchi, Saurabh Rawat, Kanhaiya Raj and Kundan Kumar of Nawadah, Numan of Hindpidhi Ranchi and three minors who were sent to remand homes.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar