Police takes Akhilesh in remand to interrogate
Police have tightened noose on gangster Akhilesh Singh. Birsanagar police on Monday took gangster Akhilesh Singh in three days police remand for interrogation in connection with a case of acquiring residential properties on forged document.
The police remand was granted from the court of first class judicial magistrate, Shrivendu Trivedi in afternoon and the police took the gangster in police remand from Ghaghidih Central Jail by the evening.
Earlier, the police had taken the gangster and his wife Garima Singh (30), who is also lodged in Ghaghidih Central Jail, in two days police remand on November 2.
OC Birsanagar police station Upendra Narayan Singh said that they have already taken Akhilesh in their custody.
"It is a sensitive case and we cannot divulge much. Akhilesh Singh will be interrogated in connection with the landed properties he has gathered at Birsanagar in the city and also in the states like Uttar Pradesh, and Chhatisgarh. As the gangster has bought the landed properties in the steel city and also in other state on his and wife's forged name we will try to find out the reason that led the gangster to buy the properities in this way," said Singh.
A resident of Sidhgora, Akhilesh was arrested following an encounter with the police at a guest-house in Gurgaon in Haryana on October 12. His wife Garima was also arrested as she had tried to obtruct the gangster's arrest from the guest-house in Gurgaon on October 12.Akhilesh (39), who is younger son of a retired police officer, Chandragupt Singh was convicted in jailer murder case and was also wanted in connection with over 50 other criminal cases pending against him in the city and also other states.
Significantly, Akhilesh has been kept at a special ward set up over the hospital in Ghaghidih Central Jail. The jailer said Akhilesh's wife Garima is lodged in a female ward, and two of his business associates -- Citi Inn's owner Binod Singh and mini-steel plant owner, Sanjay Palsania are lodged in general ward and jail hospital respectively.
Akhilesh is accused in more than two dozen cases of grievous crime. The prominent cases in which he was wanted, include murder of shoe baron Ashish Dey, murder of Tata Steel security inspector Jairam Singh, murder of gangster Paramjeet Singh inside Ghaghidih Central Jail, the jailer Uma Shanker Pandey murder case in which he has already been sentenced to life imprisonment and kidnapping and murder of mobile merchant Om Prakas Kabra.
- UTC to use 180 buses to ferry Yoga participants 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Implement transfer act properly, says CS 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- INBRIEF 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stage set for World Yoga Day celebrations 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lac producers to get new lease of life 21 Jun 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Guv distributes Cryo machines at Santhal Pargana 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minister opens online checkpost 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM pushes for doubling farm income in State 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM Das‚Äô land loot barb against Sorens 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CAIT team thanks CM for providing relief in E-Way Bill 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur