Police takes Akhilesh in remand to interrogate
Police have tightened noose on gangster Akhilesh Singh. Birsanagar police on Monday took gangster Akhilesh Singh in three days police remand for interrogation in connection with a case of acquiring residential properties on forged document.
The police remand was granted from the court of first class judicial magistrate, Shrivendu Trivedi in afternoon and the police took the gangster in police remand from Ghaghidih Central Jail by the evening.
Earlier, the police had taken the gangster and his wife Garima Singh (30), who is also lodged in Ghaghidih Central Jail, in two days police remand on November 2.
OC Birsanagar police station Upendra Narayan Singh said that they have already taken Akhilesh in their custody.
"It is a sensitive case and we cannot divulge much. Akhilesh Singh will be interrogated in connection with the landed properties he has gathered at Birsanagar in the city and also in the states like Uttar Pradesh, and Chhatisgarh. As the gangster has bought the landed properties in the steel city and also in other state on his and wife's forged name we will try to find out the reason that led the gangster to buy the properities in this way," said Singh.
A resident of Sidhgora, Akhilesh was arrested following an encounter with the police at a guest-house in Gurgaon in Haryana on October 12. His wife Garima was also arrested as she had tried to obtruct the gangster's arrest from the guest-house in Gurgaon on October 12.Akhilesh (39), who is younger son of a retired police officer, Chandragupt Singh was convicted in jailer murder case and was also wanted in connection with over 50 other criminal cases pending against him in the city and also other states.
Significantly, Akhilesh has been kept at a special ward set up over the hospital in Ghaghidih Central Jail. The jailer said Akhilesh's wife Garima is lodged in a female ward, and two of his business associates -- Citi Inn's owner Binod Singh and mini-steel plant owner, Sanjay Palsania are lodged in general ward and jail hospital respectively.
Akhilesh is accused in more than two dozen cases of grievous crime. The prominent cases in which he was wanted, include murder of shoe baron Ashish Dey, murder of Tata Steel security inspector Jairam Singh, murder of gangster Paramjeet Singh inside Ghaghidih Central Jail, the jailer Uma Shanker Pandey murder case in which he has already been sentenced to life imprisonment and kidnapping and murder of mobile merchant Om Prakas Kabra.
- Himalayan region shows lack of political will: Chipko leader 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM meets Javadekar, Prasad 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Working committee meeting to be held in State on Dec 17 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex CM Rawat confuses people: Ajay Bhatt 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Minister listens to people‚Äôs grievances at Janata Milan 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Margin money a concern for Rural Bus applicants 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Student leaders seek removal of Exam controller 12 Dec 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Nothing but waste of public money 12 Dec 2017 | Gp Semwal | in Dehradun
- Seth holds meeting for Khadi, Saras Mela 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Villagers angry as Gairsain debate lingers on 12 Dec 2017 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun