RDCIS, SAIL scale new heights during 2012-13
RDCIS, SAIL a premier Research and Development Centre in Indian Steel sector has achieved several feats during the year 2012-13. Besides completing five MoU projects and 54 planned R&D projects this year, it has led to a financial benefit of Rs570 crores through cost reduction and value addition.
The center has also developed 24 new steel products which will cater to the Indian Railways, Neutrino Observatory of BARC, Construction, Oil & Gas and Power Transmission Sectors of the country. The Centre has also filed 35 patents and 35 copyrights during this year. A total of 264 technical papers were published and presented by its Engineers in various conferences.
Sridhar Varadarajan, ED Incharge, recently appraised that the RDCIS also earned Rs 2.20 crores by providing technical service to external organisations. In 2012, the Centre has bagged the prestigious Golden Peacock Innovation Management Award. The technologists of this Centre have bagged 24 awards including the NMD Awards, IIM Awards, SAIL Award, and Visvesvaraya Award. Two international conferences namely, RAFTS 2012 and SIMPRO 2012 were organized by RDCIS, which was attended by many steel experts from abroad.
RDCIS carries out several projects to improve efficiency of steel plant operations, develop new steel products, improve product quality and provide technical solution to customers. Further, it has taken steps to conserve mineral resources besides, reducing environmental pollution.
MOU projects include CO2 sequestration in steel cities through afforestation. Technical collaborations have been initiated in the field of rail roll pass design and steel making refractory. RDCIS has also planned to implement the master-plan projects involving beneficiation of iron ore and coal, which are not only important for SAIL but also for conservation of national resource.
Under CSR schemes, 51 medical camps were organised, including cataract operations, serving more than 4000 patients in around Ranchi. An Ultrasound Colour Doppler equipment was also provided to St. Barnabas Hospital.
- Ultras caught in Palamu with kerosene 30 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- District Chess Championship concludes 30 May 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Two persons injured in collision in Jaridih 30 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- No breakthrough yet in sunshine student’s death 30 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoists blow rail tracks in Giridih, torch vehicles 30 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Global Skill and Employment Partnership Summit to be held at Hotel Amer Green 30 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Youth leadership camp organised at Sagar Group of Institutions 30 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 L Dovas geo-tagged for scrutiny in J’khand 30 May 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- inbrief 30 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Five day Jharkhand Fest ends 30 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi