SER cancels 16 winter special trains
The South Eastern Railway (SER) on Monday announced the cancellation of several winter special trains. Several trains including those passing through Tatanagar and various other railway stations under Chakradharpur Railway Division have been cancelled.
The circular issued by Garden Reach, the Kolkata-based headquarters of South Eastern Railway said that the 02822 Santragachi-Pune Special leaving Santragachi on November 18, the 02834 Santragachi-Rajkot Special leaving Santragachi on November 17, 08093 Shalimar-Bhanjpur Special leaving Shalimar on November 17 and 02833 Rajkot-Santragachi Special leaving Rajkot on November 19 will remain cancelled.
The 02822 Santragachi-Pune Special train reaches Tatanagar on Saturdays at 10 pm while the 02834 Santragachi-Rajkot Special reaches here at 12.50 pm on Friday. The 08093 Shalimar-Bhanjpur Special reaches here around midnight of every Friday while the 02833 Rajkot-Santragachi Special reaches here on every Tuesday at 12.45 pm.
An SER spokesperson said, "We have cancelled all 16 special trains between November 17 and 19 for installation work of new
system and remodeling of railway yard at the Kharagpur railway station. Of 16, four special trains travel via Tatanagar and other railway stations on the Howrah-Mumbai route."
Two other special trains 08628 Ranchi-Howrah Special leaving Ranchi on November 19 and 08627 Howrah-Ranchi Special leaving Howrah on November 19 would also remain cancelled because of the track work at Kharagpur junction.
On the other hand, it seems there are no end to the woes of passengers as fog in the northern parts of the country, particularly the national capital New Delhi, has taken a toll on train schedules.
As many as four trains -- New Delhi - Puri Neelanchal Express, New Delhi- Bhubaneshwar Sampark Kranti Express, Bhubaneshwar- New Delhi Rajdhani Express and Puri-New Delhi Purushottam Superfast Express are getting delayed at Tatanagar from past one week.
Railway officials said that dense fog in the northern parts of the country is taking a toll on movement of passenger trains. "We have opened an extra counter at the railway station for refund of tickets and also to inform the passengers about the latest status of trains," said an official.
Officials at the ticket booking counter said that several passengers are opting for cancellation of tickets due to delayed running
of the train.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun