- Waiting for answers on corruption allegations from 'Maun sahab', Rahul to Modi
- Delhi boy 'commits' suicide a day after locals try to molest his sister
- Why did Manmohan not show courage to order surgical strikes post 26/11: Modi
- Three militants, woman killed in J&K gunfight
- Ryan murder: SC rejects plea against Pintos' bail
- Ahmedabad Police denies permission to roadshows of Rahul, BJP
- Don't drag us into your domestic politics: Pak to India
Silent movement for women empowerment in State: CM
Chief Minister Raghubar Das today said that a silent movement is taking place in Jharkhand with Government’s resolve for women empowerment. He said that the Government is appointing village coordinators in 32,000 villages through the medium of Chief Minister’s small enterprises and making women of the State financially self depended for the economic growth of the State.
Addressing people during a pre-budget meeting at training centre of Rural Development Agency, Chatra, he said that a significant change is visible in Jharkhand since past 3 years and this is possible because of stable government. The government has the intention to ensure public participation in implementation of schemes, he added.
“Jharkhand is a state of villages and for the development of State it is necessary to make plans with the participation of villagers. There are various discrepancies in the prosperous State. Poverty, illiteracy, ignorance, witch-craft are obstructive in the path of development. Everyone should go to their village and motivate people to bring change only then villages will become prosperous and self-supportive,” Das said.
“Budget is not just an account of income expenditure but fixes the direction of development. Government wants to make budget according to the thinking and aspirations of the people. For the purpose of increasing public participation government is holding pre-budget seminar in block level and taking feedback from people. We will make Jharkhand one of the world's developed states by developing homes, lanes and villages. There is no shortage of mineral resources in the State. In view of this, the Government is removing the unemployment of the people by developing agriculture, industries, cooperative, tourism sectors etc,” he added.
The CM said that construction of roads, ponds, wells, Dova, Drain, Lavatory and schools will be done through village development committee. Women will play important role in this. He called upon people of the State to visit villages and make everyone aware to make prosperous Jharkhand.
The CM directed DCs, DDCs and other officials to regularly visit villages on every Sunday and review developmental schemes. “Social evil will end by social awareness. Overall and inclusive development is the collective responsibility of all the people,” he said. Giving examples of change in a village, he asked women to information of illegal liquor production on 181.
Chief Secretary Rajbala Verma, Development Commissioner Amit Khare, Additional Chief Secretary of Health Department Sudhir Tripathy, Additional Chief Secretary of Planning cum Finance Sukhdev Singh, Secretary of Agriculture Pooja Singhal, Principle Secretary AP Singh, Secretaries Aaradhna Patnaik, Avinash Kumar, Sunil Kumar Barnwal, Nitin Madan Kulkarni were present on the occasion and addressed the gathering.
People from North Chotanagpur block gave suggestion in seminar.
Education Minister Neera Yadav, Koderma MP Ravindra Rai, Giridih MP Ravindra Pandey, Hazaribagh MLA Manish Jaiswal, Dhanbad MLA Raj Sinha, Jamua MLA Kedar Hazara, Chatra MLA Jai Prakash Singh Bhokta, Gandey MLA Jaiprakash Verma, IG headquarter Bokaro Zone M.L Meena, DIG Hazaribagh Bhimsen Tuti, DIG Bokaro Prabhat Kumar and DC, SP,DDC, Representative , intellectuals from Ramgarh, Bokaro, Giridih, Dhanbad, Koderma were present in the programme.
- CM‚Äôs Medhavi Yojana for Class XII students getting 70 per cent marks 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Weather provides temporary respite 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Positivity in paintings 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Re-exam to be held for patwari posts 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Media help sought to spread awareness on Govt hosp facilities 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Jayant Sinha assures enquiry into Zaira case 11 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM praises Kalchuri Samaj, establishes venture fund 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Shooters apprehended by cops in Gautam Ngr 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kathak performed at Jashn-e-Urdu 11 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Burglary in Pragati Nagar 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal