Special drive to check free Wi-Fi users at Ranchi station
Besides running at least four special trains to meet festive rush of passengers during Dipawali and Chhath Puja, Ranchi Rail Division is also to conduct special drives to check youths taking advantage of free Wi-Fi service at the Ranchi railway station.
Top officials of Ranchi rail division also assured that proper care will be taken during this festive season so that the passengers do not have to face any problem in reaching their destinations.
“A large chunk of unwanted youths are seen just to use the free Wi-Fi service at Ranchi railway station and hence a direction has been passed to the GRP, RPF and other Railway staffs to identify such persons and impose fines on them if they fail to give proper explanation of their being on platforms,” said Senior Divisional Commercial Manager Neeraj Kumar. The service has been started for the convenience of passengers and people should not misuse it and increase the load on railway stations, he added.
Meanwhile, four special trains have been announced for the convenience of passengers to be run for different places from October 15 to 30.
“We are keeping a close eye on the trains and will provide extra coaches where required during the festive season,” said the Senior DCM. As many as four special trains from Ranchi to Pune, Howrah, Anand Vihar in New Delhi and Patna will be run from October 15 to 30 which may also get increased as and when required, he added.
Meanwhile, platform ticket charge has already been increased from Rs 10 to 30 to check rush on the platforms to check unwanted friends and relatives, who generally accompany passengers up to the platform to see them off, do not come inside the Railway Station.
“A close eye will also be kept on the movement of passengers on Railway Station through CCTV cameras installed in it and PRF and GRP have been directed to conduct special checking drives not allowing anybody to stand unnecessarily on the platform,” said the Senior DCM. Special ticket checking squad will also be deputed from October who will keep on moving on different routes in special ticket checking coaches and conduct surprise checking on trains as a deterrent for those who unnecessarily travel on trains without tickets, he added.
- Himalayan region shows lack of political will: Chipko leader 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM meets Javadekar, Prasad 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Working committee meeting to be held in State on Dec 17 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex CM Rawat confuses people: Ajay Bhatt 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Minister listens to people‚Äôs grievances at Janata Milan 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Margin money a concern for Rural Bus applicants 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Student leaders seek removal of Exam controller 12 Dec 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Nothing but waste of public money 12 Dec 2017 | Gp Semwal | in Dehradun
- Seth holds meeting for Khadi, Saras Mela 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Villagers angry as Gairsain debate lingers on 12 Dec 2017 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun