- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Special drive to check free Wi-Fi users at Ranchi station
Besides running at least four special trains to meet festive rush of passengers during Dipawali and Chhath Puja, Ranchi Rail Division is also to conduct special drives to check youths taking advantage of free Wi-Fi service at the Ranchi railway station.
Top officials of Ranchi rail division also assured that proper care will be taken during this festive season so that the passengers do not have to face any problem in reaching their destinations.
“A large chunk of unwanted youths are seen just to use the free Wi-Fi service at Ranchi railway station and hence a direction has been passed to the GRP, RPF and other Railway staffs to identify such persons and impose fines on them if they fail to give proper explanation of their being on platforms,” said Senior Divisional Commercial Manager Neeraj Kumar. The service has been started for the convenience of passengers and people should not misuse it and increase the load on railway stations, he added.
Meanwhile, four special trains have been announced for the convenience of passengers to be run for different places from October 15 to 30.
“We are keeping a close eye on the trains and will provide extra coaches where required during the festive season,” said the Senior DCM. As many as four special trains from Ranchi to Pune, Howrah, Anand Vihar in New Delhi and Patna will be run from October 15 to 30 which may also get increased as and when required, he added.
Meanwhile, platform ticket charge has already been increased from Rs 10 to 30 to check rush on the platforms to check unwanted friends and relatives, who generally accompany passengers up to the platform to see them off, do not come inside the Railway Station.
“A close eye will also be kept on the movement of passengers on Railway Station through CCTV cameras installed in it and PRF and GRP have been directed to conduct special checking drives not allowing anybody to stand unnecessarily on the platform,” said the Senior DCM. Special ticket checking squad will also be deputed from October who will keep on moving on different routes in special ticket checking coaches and conduct surprise checking on trains as a deterrent for those who unnecessarily travel on trains without tickets, he added.
- Protest for shifting B‚Äôpur liquor shop held 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Police arrest three cyber criminals 18 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Hercule Poirot: Popular fictional detective play 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- City enjoys several classical forms of arts 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- New collection of fitness books launched at SVL 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Road clearing steps initiated: Overhead cables, electricity lines to be removed 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Sanskrit play staged by MP School of Drama 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Downpour breaks heat spell in capital 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM: Agri mandis in State integrated 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi