- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
state government taking strict action against private sugar mills functionaries
Under pressure from agitating farmers, the state government has started taking strict action against private sugar mills functionaries resulting in improved payment of outstanding cane arrears.
According to sources in cane development department (CDD), the general manager of Mawana sugar mill at Meerut, with huge outstanding amount, has been sent to jail under essential commodities Act. The Muzaffar Nagar district magistrate has appointed controller in two private sugar mills at Budhana and Titawi for monitoring the stock of manufactured sugar and payment of cane arrears on regular basis.
Seeing strict measures being taken by state administration the private sugar mills has stepped efforts aimed making payment of outstanding cane arrears. Earlier UP Sugar Mill Association (UPSMA) office bearers, on pretext of losses incurred due to hike in cane price, were pleading the chief minister not to pressurise them for payment of arrears but now situation has seemingly changed visible in data released by CDD on Thursday.
With promising to clear dues within fortnight, the sugar mills so far has made 70.32 percent of total outstanding cane arrears which amounts Rs 14578 crore, said, Bhupendar Singh Bisht, the public relation officer of CDD.
In last few days the sugar mills paid Rs 1400 crore to farmers while the cane commissioner, Kamran Rizwi had promised Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) delegation to make sugar mills to pay Rs 1000 within in a week. Notably following gherao of CDD headquarters by BKU workers last week the state administration started mounting pressure on sugar mills for the payment.
Meanwhile on civil services day, April 21 the CDD is being awarded with 'pradhanmantri award' for successful implementation of cane information system in UP. Under this system farmers are given all information, from date of cane supply to payment of arrears, through SMS service in advance, said the CDD public relation officer on Thursday.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will sacrifice govt for communal harmony: Mulayam 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJP claims SP activists attacked their supporters 09 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Provide water in canals: yadav 09 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IT members stalled services for a day 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- HC cancels yadav’s consultant contract 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Kochi
- Usman asks for final report on fake currency note row 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fast-unto-death stir in JP Jail intensifies 09 Oct 2015 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Woman among 2 CPI(Maoists) held in Gomia 09 Oct 2015 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Bhagat punished for being movement leader: Niru Bhagat 09 Oct 2015 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- Chhatarpur MLA sees red over Palamu police firing 09 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
In an apparent damage control exercise following the Dadri lynching incident Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said the state government will act tough against the conspirators even ready to sacrifice the government for the sake of communal harmony in the state. Breaking his silence after 10 days of the Dadri incident Mulayam Singh Yadav without naming the political party said here on Thursday that it was a preplanned conspiracy hatched...
We seek the modification that Aadhaar be allowed to be used voluntarily for the benefit of the poor and the aged.
One used to hear such things (Dadri incident) happening in some other society, not ours. One does not feel proud.
So far we were fighting (political rivals) human beings. Now a shaitan has entered a human body, which is after us.