- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Nokia 3310 makes a comeback, co lines up 3, 5, 6 next quarter
- Two quakes hit Nepal
- Delhi HC stops Mukhtar Ansari from going on parole
- Slain Indian techie's body to reach Hyderabad
- Om Puri, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher honoured at Oscars
- "Moonlight" wins best picture Oscar, goof-up at announcement.
- 12-13 pc turnout till 10 AM in phase-V of UP polls
state government taking strict action against private sugar mills functionaries
Under pressure from agitating farmers, the state government has started taking strict action against private sugar mills functionaries resulting in improved payment of outstanding cane arrears.
According to sources in cane development department (CDD), the general manager of Mawana sugar mill at Meerut, with huge outstanding amount, has been sent to jail under essential commodities Act. The Muzaffar Nagar district magistrate has appointed controller in two private sugar mills at Budhana and Titawi for monitoring the stock of manufactured sugar and payment of cane arrears on regular basis.
Seeing strict measures being taken by state administration the private sugar mills has stepped efforts aimed making payment of outstanding cane arrears. Earlier UP Sugar Mill Association (UPSMA) office bearers, on pretext of losses incurred due to hike in cane price, were pleading the chief minister not to pressurise them for payment of arrears but now situation has seemingly changed visible in data released by CDD on Thursday.
With promising to clear dues within fortnight, the sugar mills so far has made 70.32 percent of total outstanding cane arrears which amounts Rs 14578 crore, said, Bhupendar Singh Bisht, the public relation officer of CDD.
In last few days the sugar mills paid Rs 1400 crore to farmers while the cane commissioner, Kamran Rizwi had promised Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) delegation to make sugar mills to pay Rs 1000 within in a week. Notably following gherao of CDD headquarters by BKU workers last week the state administration started mounting pressure on sugar mills for the payment.
Meanwhile on civil services day, April 21 the CDD is being awarded with 'pradhanmantri award' for successful implementation of cane information system in UP. Under this system farmers are given all information, from date of cane supply to payment of arrears, through SMS service in advance, said the CDD public relation officer on Thursday.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- High time Block Grant replaced with GIA 27 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Road mishap fatality on the rise in Odisha now 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NKS to expose Rs 5K-crore ‘loot’ tomorrow 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weeklyroundups 27 Feb 2017 | Baidyanath Mishra | in Bhubaneswar
- Minister Rajen Gohain to visit ECoR today 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig arrests Khariar DFO in graft case 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State gets Rs 43.29-cr rev from two ports 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Omfed plant closure to hit 2.70L farmers 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man thrashes mother to death in city 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man falls victim of own plan to kill another 27 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
She (Mayawati) can enter into an understanding with the BJP anytime. Actually she is helping the BJP. One must be careful.
Look at the vast range of roles portrayed by Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep or Halley Berry. Their works are my inspiration.
You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what happened in Sweden. They took in large numbers (immigrants).