- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
state government taking strict action against private sugar mills functionaries
Under pressure from agitating farmers, the state government has started taking strict action against private sugar mills functionaries resulting in improved payment of outstanding cane arrears.
According to sources in cane development department (CDD), the general manager of Mawana sugar mill at Meerut, with huge outstanding amount, has been sent to jail under essential commodities Act. The Muzaffar Nagar district magistrate has appointed controller in two private sugar mills at Budhana and Titawi for monitoring the stock of manufactured sugar and payment of cane arrears on regular basis.
Seeing strict measures being taken by state administration the private sugar mills has stepped efforts aimed making payment of outstanding cane arrears. Earlier UP Sugar Mill Association (UPSMA) office bearers, on pretext of losses incurred due to hike in cane price, were pleading the chief minister not to pressurise them for payment of arrears but now situation has seemingly changed visible in data released by CDD on Thursday.
With promising to clear dues within fortnight, the sugar mills so far has made 70.32 percent of total outstanding cane arrears which amounts Rs 14578 crore, said, Bhupendar Singh Bisht, the public relation officer of CDD.
In last few days the sugar mills paid Rs 1400 crore to farmers while the cane commissioner, Kamran Rizwi had promised Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) delegation to make sugar mills to pay Rs 1000 within in a week. Notably following gherao of CDD headquarters by BKU workers last week the state administration started mounting pressure on sugar mills for the payment.
Meanwhile on civil services day, April 21 the CDD is being awarded with 'pradhanmantri award' for successful implementation of cane information system in UP. Under this system farmers are given all information, from date of cane supply to payment of arrears, through SMS service in advance, said the CDD public relation officer on Thursday.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Daruthenga sarpanch arrested 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Textile cluster in B’war dist soon 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- inbrief 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Upasana lodges fresh plaint against producer Rejesh Pati 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 41.9% rural households live in one-room kutcha houses 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PPT holds port awareness drive for schoolchildren 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Industry can’t develop at cost of cultural values’ 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Conserve water for future generation’ 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- K’pada freedom fighter visit to Delhi cancelled 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Joydeep sent back to jail after end of remand 31 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
31 Jul 2016 | Rohit Srivastava
Despite being a relatively new force, the NDRF has responded to 1,121 operations across the country and abroad, rescuing over four lakh people. It has emerged as the go-to authority in case of disasters, big or small, writes Rohit Srivastava On April 25, at 5...
I challenge Bikram S Majithia (Revenue Minister of Punjab) to arrest me in six months as they are in power. Else, I will arrest him after six months.
When you do a film, a role, you create an image and industry wants to use that image and give you similar parts.
I will be a President for the Democrats, the Republicans, and Independents. For the struggling, the striving and the successful... For all Americans.