- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
state government taking strict action against private sugar mills functionaries
Under pressure from agitating farmers, the state government has started taking strict action against private sugar mills functionaries resulting in improved payment of outstanding cane arrears.
According to sources in cane development department (CDD), the general manager of Mawana sugar mill at Meerut, with huge outstanding amount, has been sent to jail under essential commodities Act. The Muzaffar Nagar district magistrate has appointed controller in two private sugar mills at Budhana and Titawi for monitoring the stock of manufactured sugar and payment of cane arrears on regular basis.
Seeing strict measures being taken by state administration the private sugar mills has stepped efforts aimed making payment of outstanding cane arrears. Earlier UP Sugar Mill Association (UPSMA) office bearers, on pretext of losses incurred due to hike in cane price, were pleading the chief minister not to pressurise them for payment of arrears but now situation has seemingly changed visible in data released by CDD on Thursday.
With promising to clear dues within fortnight, the sugar mills so far has made 70.32 percent of total outstanding cane arrears which amounts Rs 14578 crore, said, Bhupendar Singh Bisht, the public relation officer of CDD.
In last few days the sugar mills paid Rs 1400 crore to farmers while the cane commissioner, Kamran Rizwi had promised Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) delegation to make sugar mills to pay Rs 1000 within in a week. Notably following gherao of CDD headquarters by BKU workers last week the state administration started mounting pressure on sugar mills for the payment.
Meanwhile on civil services day, April 21 the CDD is being awarded with 'pradhanmantri award' for successful implementation of cane information system in UP. Under this system farmers are given all information, from date of cane supply to payment of arrears, through SMS service in advance, said the CDD public relation officer on Thursday.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJD against BJD in Joda, Keonjhar civic bodies 25 Nov 2015 | MALAY MOHAPATRA | in Ranchi
- Stone laid for Jagannath shrine in Bangalore 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 15 squads to prevent poaching in B’kanika 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- FPI pays rich tributes to ex-CM Choudhury 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nuke-capable Dhanush missle test-fired 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ICAR holds talks on farm sector growth 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Himachal gets Best Inland Fisherman-Reservoir Award 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Smart City Bhubaneswar needs to be safe for women 25 Nov 2015 | MAYARANI PRAHARAJ | in Bhubaneswar
- Climate change panel okays three projects in Haryana 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- B’pur Manch observes Nabakrushna birthday 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
What Aamir Khan, one of the most respected actors, said in the presence of many senior BJP people, is what the whole world is saying.
There’s no support currently for a large US-led Western Army to attempt to conquer and hold ISIL-controlled areas.
Our Constitution guarantees freedom of expression and Aamir Khan, like any citizen, is entitled to his personal opinion.