- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
State needs awareness on POCSO Act
To make the officials of state police, social welfare department, child welfare committee, and NGOs aware about the new Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act 2012, which ensures justice for minor victims of sexual abuse, and after case proceedings held at special court, a state level workshop was organized by State Commission for Child Rights on Monday.
The POCSO Act, 2012, describes sexual offence in a gender neutral manner and provides for friendly and sensitive treatment of children who face sexual abuse. “Providing safe environment to the children is the responsibility of all citizens of the country,” said Rajeev Ranjan Traffic SP of Ranchi who is also having additional charge of City SP.
He said, “The need of the hour is creating more awareness among the state police to use the new law in every case of child abuse, it has been found that many police officials are unaware about this act. Moreover few cops who knew about it also use this act under the pressure of someone, in order to implement this act efficiently across the state, I urge the common people to provide their equal participation.”
“If this Act is implemented properly across the state this it will strength the anti-trafficking unit of the Jharkhand. It is a very sensitive topic and it should be dealt properly,” he further added.
“Handling cases under it requires special training inputs for the police. The child’s statement has to be recorded at his or her residence or place of choice preferably by a female police officer of or above the rank of sub-inspector who should not be in police uniform. The child must not come in contact with the accused during investigations,” said Director General of Police (DGP) Rajeev Ranjan.
“It came into force on November 14, 2012 and provides for minimum punishment for penetrative sexual assault and aggravated penetrative sexual assault on a child. Offences using a child for pornographic purposes have also been dealt with,” he added. From past few years the media is buzz with news of child trafficking, child labor, minor sexual assault. In relation to this Mridula Sinha, Principal Secretary of Social Welfare, Women and Child development said, “If this Act will be implemented effectively then the ratio of such cases will come down to a markable extent.
ADGP CID, KS Meena said, “We are keeping a close check on the placement agencies of domestic helpers in Delhi are running illegally which needs to be close down moreover apart from officials it is important to aware the common people about this Act then only one can witness a remarkable change in the socity.”
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CBI grills villagers in Pherupur rape case 29 Jul 2016 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Tribute to the ‘birdman of India’ 29 Jul 2016 | Jaskiran Chopra | in Dehradun
- AAP to provide tickets to only aam aadmi 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- All link roads in Punjab to get a facelift: Sukhbir 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- CM convenes all party meeting tomorrow 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Delhi CM’s remarks on PM undignified, says Badal 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana to set up de-addiction centres in jails 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Rape survivor protests against Govt's apathy 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- ‘Badal acquired land for SYL construction 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- AAI faces HC wrath over delay in Internat’l Airport 29 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If we were to think India-Australia relations can only be done at Government levels, we will be missing major opportunities.
There is excitement for the film (Munna Bhai-3). I do my job, I don't take stress. The more stress you take the more worse you get.
America is already great. It is already strong. And I promise you, our strength, our greatness does not depend on Donald Trump.