Students lock NUSRL from inside
Students of the prestigious National University for Study and Research in Law (NUSRL) today locked down the main gate of the University premises situated at Nagri on Ranchi-Patratu Road demanding immediate administrative overhaul of the university. They are protesting against the arbitrary work culture in the university, said the students.
The students said that they had a meeting with the incumbent VC in-charge Gautam Chaudhary, who they said is from judiciary and not from academic field. They apprised the Chaudhary with their demands and said that they will not allow anyone to enter the premises until their demands are fulfilled.
As per a student the VC in-charge, who was still with them at the time of filing of this report, has threatened them of stern action if they continued to protest. However, the students seem to be in no mood to relent as their long pending demands were not fulfilled, they said.
The campus has been locked down since 6 PM on Tuesday evening with several students holding candle lights seeking “justice” for them. Apart from basic issues including improvement in infrastructure facilities the demands of the students is immediate removal of the incumbent VC in-charge and the Registrar.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow