Tata Steel embarks on Volunteering Week
Tata Steel embarked on Tata Volunteering Week II, a community welfare programme at Jamshedpur. The day marked the beginning of week-long activities under the Tata Engage Programme, a Tata Group Initiative.
Tata Engage is a volunteering programme aimed at encouraging the Tata Group employees around the globe to get involved in community welfare. The programme, was launched this year on March 3, to commemorate the 175th birth anniversary of our Founder, Jamsetji Tata. The goal of Tata Engage is to create an enabling environment for Tata employees worldwide to volunteer, and to demonstrate their commitment to the group’s ethos of ‘giving back to society’.
The Volunteering Week kick started with the Mentorship Programme at the Tata Steel Technical Institute (TSTI), Burmamines. Avneesh Gupta, principal executive officer, Tata Steel volunteered his time to be present at the programme.
A group of 31 MT’s of the 2014 Batch, have taken up the initiative to be Mentors for the 90 trainees enrolled at TSTI. These trainees are undergoing a three year diploma course in various industrial trades. Most of them are from rural background and the whole concept of mentorship was appreciated. An interaction between the mentors and the mentees was organised. The programme ended with tree plantation drive.
This was followed by the ‘Padyatra’ with T V Narendran, MD, Tata Steel, India & South East Asia at Karandih village, Jamshedpur. The padyatra began with garlanding of Jaipal Singh Munda Statue by T V Narendran and was followed by his visit to the Majhi Tola pond. Narendran also inaugurated the Roof Rain Water Harvesting project located inside the village premises. The Padyatra concluded with his interaction with teachers and students of Banam classes along with the graduate students preparing for banking and railways examination.
On the occasion T V Narendran, MD, Tata Steel, India & South East Asia said ‘’We at Tata Steel feel extremely proud to mark the beginning of the Tata Volunteering Week II. Volunteerism will help the employees to be closely involved with the communities and build stronger relations with them.” He also added “I wish the very best to my colleagues in making the Tata Volunteering Week II a grand success.”
During the week, Tata Steel will create volunteering opportunities for its employees and their families. A calendar of events has been planned, which are as follows: Tree plantation drive Mentorship programme for underprivileged students Joy of Giving - Collection of books, toys and warm clothes Blood Donation Camp Visit to the Zoo for underprivileged children Cleanliness drive Awareness talks on DOT
- Rape victim commits suicide 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi‚Äôs visit: SPG IG inspects academy, ground 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- No school building despite funds in B‚Äôngir 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Stir in JSpur after thief escapes cops' custody 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NDRF holds mock drill at Pokhariput DAV 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sister Cities ties between Cupertino, Bhubaneswar 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- RCR Mirror Gallery: Magic to puzzle visitors 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man pushed off moving train by transgenders 24 Oct 2017 | DINESH DAS | in Bhubaneswar
- Workshop begins at IIP 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest 3 thieves stealing batteries 24 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun