Vijay Kumar visits Chatra, takes stock of border security
Senior security Advisor K Vijay Kumar was on a brief visit to Chatra on Thursday to take stock of the inter-State border security in the bordering districts of Jharkhand and Bihar. During his stay in Chatra for over one hour, Kumar reviewed the problems being faced by the security forces in the border district of Chatra and the support they expect from the neighbouring State to curb Naxal-related incidents in those areas.
“It was a brief visit during which he reviewed the ground reality here and the steps being taken to check the interstate infiltration by the rebels in the state,” said Chatra SP Anup Birthare. “He also asked about the support which is expected by us from the other side of border so that a better co-ordination could be established among the two sides,” he added.
Kumar also sought suggestions from the district police officials for the betterment of co-ordination during the anti-Naxal operations in the bordering areas of Bihar and Jharkhand. He said that a joint operation of Bihar and Jharkhand police will be conducted soon against the rebels in the bordering districts for which centre will provide all facilities to the forces.
According to Birthare, Kumar then left for Gaya for getting feedback from that side of border. After getting feedback from both the sides a blue print will be prepared in this regard at Delhi, he added. Kumar directed to the district police to plan in a better way and ensured all support will be provided for conducting operations from the centre. He was accompanied by the officials of Ministry of Home Affairs Advisor Brigadier Sanjay Agrawal and Director (Naxal Affairs) Daljeet Singh Chaudhary.
Before leaving for Chatra, Kumar also had a meeting with the Chief Minister Hemant Soren in Ranchi and had a brief discussion over security related issues in the state. Kumar also meet DGP Rajiv Kumar and stock of the ongoing anti-insurgency operations in the state. He ensured central assistance in the anti-Naxal operations in the state.
Former CRPF DG K Vijay Kumar, a1975 IPS officer from Tamil Nadu cadre, was appointed as Senior Security Advisor in the Home Ministry to advice on security and development in the Naxal-affected States. He has been entrusted with the job of advising in deployment of the Central armed police forces (CAPFs) in the LWE-affected areas, besides overseeing coordination among the CAPFs and State police forces (SPFs) for counter-insurgency operations.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi