- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Vijay Kumar visits Chatra, takes stock of border security
Senior security Advisor K Vijay Kumar was on a brief visit to Chatra on Thursday to take stock of the inter-State border security in the bordering districts of Jharkhand and Bihar. During his stay in Chatra for over one hour, Kumar reviewed the problems being faced by the security forces in the border district of Chatra and the support they expect from the neighbouring State to curb Naxal-related incidents in those areas.
“It was a brief visit during which he reviewed the ground reality here and the steps being taken to check the interstate infiltration by the rebels in the state,” said Chatra SP Anup Birthare. “He also asked about the support which is expected by us from the other side of border so that a better co-ordination could be established among the two sides,” he added.
Kumar also sought suggestions from the district police officials for the betterment of co-ordination during the anti-Naxal operations in the bordering areas of Bihar and Jharkhand. He said that a joint operation of Bihar and Jharkhand police will be conducted soon against the rebels in the bordering districts for which centre will provide all facilities to the forces.
According to Birthare, Kumar then left for Gaya for getting feedback from that side of border. After getting feedback from both the sides a blue print will be prepared in this regard at Delhi, he added. Kumar directed to the district police to plan in a better way and ensured all support will be provided for conducting operations from the centre. He was accompanied by the officials of Ministry of Home Affairs Advisor Brigadier Sanjay Agrawal and Director (Naxal Affairs) Daljeet Singh Chaudhary.
Before leaving for Chatra, Kumar also had a meeting with the Chief Minister Hemant Soren in Ranchi and had a brief discussion over security related issues in the state. Kumar also meet DGP Rajiv Kumar and stock of the ongoing anti-insurgency operations in the state. He ensured central assistance in the anti-Naxal operations in the state.
Former CRPF DG K Vijay Kumar, a1975 IPS officer from Tamil Nadu cadre, was appointed as Senior Security Advisor in the Home Ministry to advice on security and development in the Naxal-affected States. He has been entrusted with the job of advising in deployment of the Central armed police forces (CAPFs) in the LWE-affected areas, besides overseeing coordination among the CAPFs and State police forces (SPFs) for counter-insurgency operations.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will not form a new party: CM 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- Not possible to leave Amar Singh and Shivpal: Mulayam 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Triple talaq system ruined life of Muslim women: PM 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi’s rally a flop show claims Mayawati 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- 4,000 doc posts vacant in Govt college hospitals 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Jail staffs launch fast, demand pay hike 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Am pained over contrasting statements, actions taken to save Jagamohan’ 25 Oct 2016 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre presses Odisha to have DBT Cell soonest 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3.24L Govt employees’ database online now 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- MoU with Adani: KISS-Mayurbhanj in offing 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
Let Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) install a Chief Minister who he feels is honest. Why should I form a new party? Who is forming a new party?
I wish Padmavati had come came to me five-six years ago; I would have done it. I am happy it has come to me today.
Donald Trump may not be politically correct but he understands what radical Islam is doing to this world.