‘Village reps unaware of MGNREGA rules’
When we go to the field to check the works going on under MGNREGA scheme always some new problems and matters arises before us which never comes through the social audit. It clearly says that MNREGA social audit needs some more good exercises so that all the field problems should come through it, said the Deputy Commissioner Hazaribagh in the social audit cum jan samwad program organized at Town Hall, Hazaribagh.
Addressing the gathering Sunil Kumar said that he had always felt that the village local body representatives are yet unaware of the rules and regulation of MGNREGA and about E-FMS. He said that very soon a workshop will be organized in this Town Hall to make the village local body representatives well aware of these things. Sunil Kumar said that those who are engaged in social audit should take care of things like payment of genuine labor charge to the laborers, timely payment, work quality, creation of some permanent property and cooperation of the local people. On the basis of his experiences he said that the poor performance is a result of non-cooperative nature of both block officials and village local body members.
In this workshop DDC Ravindra Prasad Singh said that due to regular social audit now the number of complaints regarding irregularities has come down but still it needs betterment. He said that during field visit many things are to be taken care of and the aim should always be getting better and better result.
SDO Rajeev Ranjan said that the idea of MNREGA scheme is to increasepeople participation in developmental schemes and to create employment for the rural people. He said that it is necessary to develop better coordination between the BDOs and village local body representatives for success of this scheme.
MNREGA Lokpal Lakshmikant said that they have noticed that even literate persons are unaware of the rules and regulation of MNREGA. Our aim is not to find out the mistakes but to make the path of MNREGA easier so that the villagers can get its benefit. In this jan samwad programme almost all the block officials said that the complaints which can be solved at their level are solved but some are beyond their discretion and village local body representatives always stresses on those demands. Some members raised the problem of non-cooperation of banks and post offices on which the district officials immediately directed the LDM to look into the matter.
- Harsh Shah grabs top slot in J’khand in science 29 May 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI/ PARVINDER BHATIA/ ASHIS SINHA | in Ranchi
- Weather to keep cool for some more days 29 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Call to make woman pivotal in decision-making for India to rise 29 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Patients flock to this medic for alternative therapy 29 May 2017 | KUMARI RAJNIGANDHA | in Ranchi
- Maoists call bandh today, cops put on alert 29 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cattle trade ban to hit farmers hard, cautions Jamaitul chief 29 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JVM open for tie-ups to defeat BJP in ’19 polls: Marandi 29 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Thunderstorm wreaks havoc in N’rangpur 29 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rajmahal flyover murals depict city in flux 29 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- UTP gives cops a slip in Sundargarh 29 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar