- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
Wanted Naxalite held in Bokaro
The Bokaro police have arrested a hardcore Naxal carrying a reward of Rs 2 lakh on his head at Sishua village under the Pannk-Narayanpur police station in Bokaro district on Thursday, an official said.
A team of Bokaro Thermal, Pannk-Narayanpur, Gomia police personnel along with 26th battalion ASP Sanjay Kumar and SDPO Bermo with forces apprehended the forest area of Upparghat, identified as Mangra Manjhi near Sishua village under the Pannk –Narayanpur police area, SP said.
Based on specific inputs, the team was out on a search operation in the forest area of Upparghat located around 50 km from district headquarter here, the police official told the Pioneer.
While the police personnel were cordoning off a forest patch near Sishua, they nabbed the naxal Mangra Manjhi but police could not recover any arms and explosives, sources said. Mangra was active as a member of the local organisation squad which operate under Nawadih area committee of the Maoists, police sources said.
He was allegedly involved in the different cases and he was wanted in Naxal –related incident which was lodged in Nawadih police station in the year 2014.
The naxal have been trying to reclaim a foothold in the area
for some time now .The police have recently held a series of operations in Upparghat and Jhumra area .They are penetrating deep into the forest in order to keep the rebels on the move.
- ED attaches IAS officer‚Äôs assets in Ranchi, Udaipur, Bengaluru, Kolkata 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 10 decimal land sop to illegal settlers in towns 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man kills himself, wife, son over loan burden 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand Travel Mart to endorse State‚Äôs tourism prospects 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Pollution watchdog undergoes facelift 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Cabinet nod to form SC Panel 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NCW smells rat in gang rape case 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharcraft inks MoU with Banka Silk 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Youth power will make India world guru, says CM 21 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre okays setting up of Tribunal for settling Mahanadi water dispute 21 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur