Sewage treatment plants for clean Ganga: Uma Bharti
Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti on Friday said small sewage treatment plants will be set up near the banks of Ganga river at Sahebganj to stop impure water coming to the river. She said several Ghats will also be built at Rajmahal in Sahebganj district where she reached on Friday to review the Namami Gange project. The Union Minister while reviewing the project said a modern cremation centre will also be established near the Ganga Ghat where arrangements will be done for both wood and electricity for cremating bodies.
During the meeting, she said under the UNDP programme 16 panchayats of Rajmahal will be brought under Ganga Swachhta programme and SHGs will be formed to get people employed. The programme will enable villagers doing organic farming, cattle farming and dairy farming. SHGs will especially be formed for women in the area so that they get empowered and become economically self-dependent.
Rajmahal MLA Anant Ojha, who was present during the occasion along with Urban Development Minister CP Singh, said the Union Minister conducted the review meeting with an aim to improve the lives of people residing in the most impoverished and neglected areas of the region.
“The 82-83 km stretch of river Ganga falls in Rajmahal and it is the only part of Jharkhand touched by the sacred river. The project includes mainly 3-4 types of programmes. The focus of the Union Ministry and our government is not only to keep the river clean through various indigenous and scientific processes but also to develop economy of the area through employment creation,” said Ojha.
“Citing the example of Anand in Gujarat, the Minister talked about making the whole area a milk belt. She suggested large scale dairy farming, especially by women of the area by formation of SHGs and giving people training and resources for other livelihood projects,” Ojha added.
Bharti had a detailed meeting with officials of Rashtriya Ganga Project and the State Government today. She is likely to launch the schemes on May 15 this year and has asked senior officials of the Ministry, State government and concerned departments to make all preparations much ahead of the schedule.
- Car hits tree at Bokaro road: Three killed 27 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- I will welcome constructive criticism: Dr Sharan 27 May 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Naxals torch rly station in Bokaro 27 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Bridging rich-poor gap biggest challenge: CM 27 May 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | in Ranchi
- ‘Go Rurban’ social event organised for youth in city 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‘Limelight’ movie screened at Charlie Chaplin Film Fest 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Painting exhibition ‘Sparsh’ organised at Swaraj Art Gallery 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Cops nab three person for producing fake Rly job letter 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Poverty to Prosperity event for tribal women 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Theatre group organises Kathak workshop 27 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal