- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack
Ten held for illegal trade in cattle
Last night Hazaribagh police arrested ten persons involved in illegal trade of cattle. During special checking drive on National Highway, the district police seized 256 cattle’s from nine trucks and arrested 10 persons including drivers of the trucks and traders. The Muffasil police have registered a case against all of them and were sent to jail on Monday.
SP Hazaribagh Anup Birthare said, “We had received secret information that some trucks carrying cattle are going towards Ranchi from Jahanabad district of Bihar. Special instruction was given to the officer in charge of Muffasil and Charhi police stations to start special checking drive on National Highway 33. The Muffasil police started the checking drive near the Konar bridge and Charhi police on the Ghato-Hazaribag turning point.”
When the Muffasil police tried to stop a truck on Konar bridge the drivers and traders tried to run away from there from five trucks.
Police chased them and caught them.
Here police seized 171 cattle’s and eight persons were arrested. The Charhi police seized four trucks having 127 cattle and arrested two persons.The remaining persons succeeded to escape from the spot.
SP said that during the investigation the arrested persons said that they have loaded the cattle’s from Jahanabad of Bihar and were going to Silli, Ranchi of Jharkhand where traders of West Bengal were ready to receive the delivery.
On the statement of arrested drivers Anil Yadav and Pappu Yadav the police have filed FIR against the traders, suppliers and truck owners.
- Sexual assault of 16-yr-old girl: Police nab miscreant 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- JNAU signs pact with Chiba University of Japan 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Advancing development of library practitioners 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Medical workshop to be organised today at AIIMS 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 25 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Dengue deaths rising: Civic body blamed for poor sanitation 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Work will be given to SHGs 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Famous artist from Gujarat displays art at Bharat Bhavan 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh burgled from Ratan Colony 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Play staged at State Tribal Museum 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal