Ten held for illegal trade in cattle
Last night Hazaribagh police arrested ten persons involved in illegal trade of cattle. During special checking drive on National Highway, the district police seized 256 cattle’s from nine trucks and arrested 10 persons including drivers of the trucks and traders. The Muffasil police have registered a case against all of them and were sent to jail on Monday.
SP Hazaribagh Anup Birthare said, “We had received secret information that some trucks carrying cattle are going towards Ranchi from Jahanabad district of Bihar. Special instruction was given to the officer in charge of Muffasil and Charhi police stations to start special checking drive on National Highway 33. The Muffasil police started the checking drive near the Konar bridge and Charhi police on the Ghato-Hazaribag turning point.”
When the Muffasil police tried to stop a truck on Konar bridge the drivers and traders tried to run away from there from five trucks.
Police chased them and caught them.
Here police seized 171 cattle’s and eight persons were arrested. The Charhi police seized four trucks having 127 cattle and arrested two persons.The remaining persons succeeded to escape from the spot.
SP said that during the investigation the arrested persons said that they have loaded the cattle’s from Jahanabad of Bihar and were going to Silli, Ranchi of Jharkhand where traders of West Bengal were ready to receive the delivery.
On the statement of arrested drivers Anil Yadav and Pappu Yadav the police have filed FIR against the traders, suppliers and truck owners.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar