- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
Ten held for illegal trade in cattle
Last night Hazaribagh police arrested ten persons involved in illegal trade of cattle. During special checking drive on National Highway, the district police seized 256 cattle’s from nine trucks and arrested 10 persons including drivers of the trucks and traders. The Muffasil police have registered a case against all of them and were sent to jail on Monday.
SP Hazaribagh Anup Birthare said, “We had received secret information that some trucks carrying cattle are going towards Ranchi from Jahanabad district of Bihar. Special instruction was given to the officer in charge of Muffasil and Charhi police stations to start special checking drive on National Highway 33. The Muffasil police started the checking drive near the Konar bridge and Charhi police on the Ghato-Hazaribag turning point.”
When the Muffasil police tried to stop a truck on Konar bridge the drivers and traders tried to run away from there from five trucks.
Police chased them and caught them.
Here police seized 171 cattle’s and eight persons were arrested. The Charhi police seized four trucks having 127 cattle and arrested two persons.The remaining persons succeeded to escape from the spot.
SP said that during the investigation the arrested persons said that they have loaded the cattle’s from Jahanabad of Bihar and were going to Silli, Ranchi of Jharkhand where traders of West Bengal were ready to receive the delivery.
On the statement of arrested drivers Anil Yadav and Pappu Yadav the police have filed FIR against the traders, suppliers and truck owners.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow