- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Ten held for illegal trade in cattle
Last night Hazaribagh police arrested ten persons involved in illegal trade of cattle. During special checking drive on National Highway, the district police seized 256 cattle’s from nine trucks and arrested 10 persons including drivers of the trucks and traders. The Muffasil police have registered a case against all of them and were sent to jail on Monday.
SP Hazaribagh Anup Birthare said, “We had received secret information that some trucks carrying cattle are going towards Ranchi from Jahanabad district of Bihar. Special instruction was given to the officer in charge of Muffasil and Charhi police stations to start special checking drive on National Highway 33. The Muffasil police started the checking drive near the Konar bridge and Charhi police on the Ghato-Hazaribag turning point.”
When the Muffasil police tried to stop a truck on Konar bridge the drivers and traders tried to run away from there from five trucks.
Police chased them and caught them.
Here police seized 171 cattle’s and eight persons were arrested. The Charhi police seized four trucks having 127 cattle and arrested two persons.The remaining persons succeeded to escape from the spot.
SP said that during the investigation the arrested persons said that they have loaded the cattle’s from Jahanabad of Bihar and were going to Silli, Ranchi of Jharkhand where traders of West Bengal were ready to receive the delivery.
On the statement of arrested drivers Anil Yadav and Pappu Yadav the police have filed FIR against the traders, suppliers and truck owners.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi