- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
Thousands participate in full dress rehearsal for Yoga Day
Under the watchful eyes of Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Adityanath Yogi, over 50,000 volunteers participated in a dress rehearsal for International Yoga Day to be held at Ramabai Ambedkar Ground on June 21.
The volunteers presented `asanas’ in a synchronized manner starting from Vyayam (exercise) to `Surya Namaskar’. The enthusiastic volunteers carried out the ‘asanas’ under the guidance of trainers while the CM and the Governor along with senior officials watched their performance from the stage.
It was a rehearsal in the true sense. Volunteers were asked to go to their designated slots and the process started at 6.30 am in the morning and continued till 7.45 am. The gates of the ground were thrown open for volunteers at 2 am and no one was allowed entry after 5.30 am.
“We worked in a manner so as to reahearse the Yoga festival as if it was today. We maintained time and ensured that everything went off as planned,” a senior official told ‘The Pioneer’. He admitted that there were some problems for school children as they had to wake up very early and reach the venue between 4.30 and 5 am.
State Roadways buses were despatched to fetch volunteers of all groups or clubs, who registered with the district administration.
BK Singh of Yog Sadhna Kendra, Indira Nagar said, “The bus reached at Indira Nagar around 3.30 am and we were off for Ramabai Ambedkar ground by 4.30 am. It was an exhilarating experience and now volunteers are looking forward for the D-Day.”
Renuka Sharma, who is part of Art of Living, said that the arrangement was very good. “The ambience was perfect and positive energy was all around. Everyone knew what to do and they followed instructions. It was fun,” she said.
The Yoga rehearsal continued till 7.45 in the am and as volunteers were trooping out they were given refreshment. “This was a nice gesture by the administration as there were little children who might have felt hungry after the strenuous workout,” Renuka said.
Officials of the Lucknow administration said that more than 400 CCTV cameras have been installed at Ramabai ground. “Participants would be allowed to enter the venue between from 2 and 5. 30 am. Giant LED TV screens will be set up at the venue to enable volunteers to have a closer look at Yogic postures,” Additional District Magistrate (Lucknow East) Virendra Pandey said.
“Apart from this the administration will install LED TV screens at 11 parks across Lucknow so that the public and morning walkers, who are un able to go to Ramabai Ambedkar Ground could also do Yoga,” Pandey said.
The state capital has been turned into a virtual fortress with deployment of over 12,000 security personnel. Altogether 25 companies of PAC and 10 companies of Central para-forces would also be deployed for Prime Minister’s security.
The PM Minister will reach Lucknow at 4.45 pm on Tuesday. He will inaugurate two buildings at CDRI and Abdul Kalam Technical University. The CM will host a dinner for the PM at his official residence and the latter would spend the night at Raj Bhavan. The PM will take part in the International Yoga Day function at 6.30 am and then leave for New Delhi at around 9 in the morning.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow