Three Maoists gunned down in encounter with police
Police on Sunday gunned down three Maoists, including a woman commander, in a gun battle with the ultras in insurgency-hit Rajnandgaon district of Chhattisgarh.
The encounter took place around 2 pm in a forested hill near Pendori village under Aundhi police station limits when a team of district force was carrying out a search operation in the region, according to Rajnandgaon Superintendent of Police (SP) Prashant Agrawal.
Based on specific inputs, security personnel had launched the operation in the interiors of Aundhi, he said.
When the patrol team was advancing through the forests of Pendori, it came under heavy fire from a group of ultras leading to a fierce gun-battle, Agrawal said.
On finding security personnel were zeroing in on them, the ultras fled from the spot, he added.
“During the search, bodies of three Maoists, including a woman, clad in ‘uniform’ besides one SLR rifle, one Insas rifle and one 303 rifle were recovered from the spot,” the SP said.
The woman has been identified as Sameela, a commander rank cadre who was active in Aundhi Area Committee of Maoists, said.
The identity of two others was yet to be ascertained, the SP said adding details are awaited.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar