Two die, six injured in road mishap in Pipili
Two persons were killed and six others injured in a road mishap in Pipili of Puri district on Sunday morning.
The deceased were identified as eight-year-old Subhasmita, daughter of Sachikant Nayak, and Sarojini Patra (50), Nayak’s relative. The injured were rushed to the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Sachikant Nayak of Malipur village under the Rajkanika police limits in Kendrapada district along with his family and relatives was travelling to Puri by a Bolero for mundan (tonsure) rituals of his son in the pilgrim town. The tragedy occurred when the vehicle collided with an iron object fixed at roadside as boundary near Dahisapatna on the Bhubaneswar-Puri route.
While Nayak’s daughter and relative Sarojini died on the spot, his son Rishi, father Pagal Nayak (70), wife Lakshmipriya (30) and relatives Milli Nayak (22) and Rojalin Nayak (25) were critically injured.
The driver of the vehicle fled the spot soon after the accident.
Police reached the spot and took the injured persons to the Pipili hospital, from where they were shifted to the Capital Hospital.
- Min reviews outcome of cooperative workshop 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Challenges await new police chief 22 Jul 2017 | MANOJ KUMAR | in Dehradun
- Now, Mahant Indiresh hospital can conduct swine flu test 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Patients face problem due to lack of radiologists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi