Two die, six injured in road mishap in Pipili
Two persons were killed and six others injured in a road mishap in Pipili of Puri district on Sunday morning.
The deceased were identified as eight-year-old Subhasmita, daughter of Sachikant Nayak, and Sarojini Patra (50), Nayak’s relative. The injured were rushed to the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Sachikant Nayak of Malipur village under the Rajkanika police limits in Kendrapada district along with his family and relatives was travelling to Puri by a Bolero for mundan (tonsure) rituals of his son in the pilgrim town. The tragedy occurred when the vehicle collided with an iron object fixed at roadside as boundary near Dahisapatna on the Bhubaneswar-Puri route.
While Nayak’s daughter and relative Sarojini died on the spot, his son Rishi, father Pagal Nayak (70), wife Lakshmipriya (30) and relatives Milli Nayak (22) and Rojalin Nayak (25) were critically injured.
The driver of the vehicle fled the spot soon after the accident.
Police reached the spot and took the injured persons to the Pipili hospital, from where they were shifted to the Capital Hospital.
- 500 Magistrates, 2K cops on toes for festivals 22 Sep 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Ashok Khosla to address Dr Verghese Kurien Memorial Oration at XLRI 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kendriya Vidyalaya launches Swachchh Abhiyan 22 Sep 2017 | Suresh Nikhar | in Ranchi
- Maoists‚Äô landmine kills PTR elephant 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tata Power bags 3 gold awards at CCQC 2017 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Religious gurus meet on cleanliness 22 Sep 2017 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- SER to run special superfast trains to meet festive rush 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Councilor of Adityapur civic body stabbed 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Eco conservation theme to lure devotees 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi