Two die, six injured in road mishap in Pipili
Two persons were killed and six others injured in a road mishap in Pipili of Puri district on Sunday morning.
The deceased were identified as eight-year-old Subhasmita, daughter of Sachikant Nayak, and Sarojini Patra (50), Nayak’s relative. The injured were rushed to the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Sachikant Nayak of Malipur village under the Rajkanika police limits in Kendrapada district along with his family and relatives was travelling to Puri by a Bolero for mundan (tonsure) rituals of his son in the pilgrim town. The tragedy occurred when the vehicle collided with an iron object fixed at roadside as boundary near Dahisapatna on the Bhubaneswar-Puri route.
While Nayak’s daughter and relative Sarojini died on the spot, his son Rishi, father Pagal Nayak (70), wife Lakshmipriya (30) and relatives Milli Nayak (22) and Rojalin Nayak (25) were critically injured.
The driver of the vehicle fled the spot soon after the accident.
Police reached the spot and took the injured persons to the Pipili hospital, from where they were shifted to the Capital Hospital.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun