USDMA to continue tree plantation till August 15
The commemoration of Harela festival was started under the Uttrakhand State Disaster Management Authority (USDMA) across the State on Sunday with tree plantation. The activity will be continued till August 15.
The team of disaster management department officials and personnel took the initiative to plant more trees on the project sites of Uttarakhand, where the rehabilitation and reconstruction of work in disaster affected areas is in progress or has already been completed. In this process the team of the projects planted about 1000 saplings at the project sites, claimed officials.
On Sunday, the staff in Dehradun planted saplings near Sahastradhara Road. The State disaster management secretary Amit Singh Negi congratulated the team members of the project for their initiative and also exhorted the department to promote such environmental conservation related activities in the near future.
Around 50 employees in Dehradun and more than 200 employees in various field units of the department participated in the tree plantation activities held on the occasion.
According to the officials, as part of the Harela celebrations, the department is planning on July 19 to organise a drawing competition for the students of some schools in Dehradun to raise awareness among the students about Harela, its significance and value in Uttarakhand.
- Min reviews outcome of cooperative workshop 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Challenges await new police chief 22 Jul 2017 | MANOJ KUMAR | in Dehradun
- Now, Mahant Indiresh hospital can conduct swine flu test 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Patients face problem due to lack of radiologists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi