USDMA to continue tree plantation till August 15
The commemoration of Harela festival was started under the Uttrakhand State Disaster Management Authority (USDMA) across the State on Sunday with tree plantation. The activity will be continued till August 15.
The team of disaster management department officials and personnel took the initiative to plant more trees on the project sites of Uttarakhand, where the rehabilitation and reconstruction of work in disaster affected areas is in progress or has already been completed. In this process the team of the projects planted about 1000 saplings at the project sites, claimed officials.
On Sunday, the staff in Dehradun planted saplings near Sahastradhara Road. The State disaster management secretary Amit Singh Negi congratulated the team members of the project for their initiative and also exhorted the department to promote such environmental conservation related activities in the near future.
Around 50 employees in Dehradun and more than 200 employees in various field units of the department participated in the tree plantation activities held on the occasion.
According to the officials, as part of the Harela celebrations, the department is planning on July 19 to organise a drawing competition for the students of some schools in Dehradun to raise awareness among the students about Harela, its significance and value in Uttarakhand.
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Collapsed bridge on Gangotri highway re-opens 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun