USDMA to continue tree plantation till August 15
The commemoration of Harela festival was started under the Uttrakhand State Disaster Management Authority (USDMA) across the State on Sunday with tree plantation. The activity will be continued till August 15.
The team of disaster management department officials and personnel took the initiative to plant more trees on the project sites of Uttarakhand, where the rehabilitation and reconstruction of work in disaster affected areas is in progress or has already been completed. In this process the team of the projects planted about 1000 saplings at the project sites, claimed officials.
On Sunday, the staff in Dehradun planted saplings near Sahastradhara Road. The State disaster management secretary Amit Singh Negi congratulated the team members of the project for their initiative and also exhorted the department to promote such environmental conservation related activities in the near future.
Around 50 employees in Dehradun and more than 200 employees in various field units of the department participated in the tree plantation activities held on the occasion.
According to the officials, as part of the Harela celebrations, the department is planning on July 19 to organise a drawing competition for the students of some schools in Dehradun to raise awareness among the students about Harela, its significance and value in Uttarakhand.
- UTC to use 180 buses to ferry Yoga participants 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Implement transfer act properly, says CS 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- INBRIEF 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stage set for World Yoga Day celebrations 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lac producers to get new lease of life 21 Jun 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Guv distributes Cryo machines at Santhal Pargana 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minister opens online checkpost 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM pushes for doubling farm income in State 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM Das‚Äô land loot barb against Sorens 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CAIT team thanks CM for providing relief in E-Way Bill 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur