USDMA to continue tree plantation till August 15
The commemoration of Harela festival was started under the Uttrakhand State Disaster Management Authority (USDMA) across the State on Sunday with tree plantation. The activity will be continued till August 15.
The team of disaster management department officials and personnel took the initiative to plant more trees on the project sites of Uttarakhand, where the rehabilitation and reconstruction of work in disaster affected areas is in progress or has already been completed. In this process the team of the projects planted about 1000 saplings at the project sites, claimed officials.
On Sunday, the staff in Dehradun planted saplings near Sahastradhara Road. The State disaster management secretary Amit Singh Negi congratulated the team members of the project for their initiative and also exhorted the department to promote such environmental conservation related activities in the near future.
Around 50 employees in Dehradun and more than 200 employees in various field units of the department participated in the tree plantation activities held on the occasion.
According to the officials, as part of the Harela celebrations, the department is planning on July 19 to organise a drawing competition for the students of some schools in Dehradun to raise awareness among the students about Harela, its significance and value in Uttarakhand.
- 500 Magistrates, 2K cops on toes for festivals 22 Sep 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Ashok Khosla to address Dr Verghese Kurien Memorial Oration at XLRI 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kendriya Vidyalaya launches Swachchh Abhiyan 22 Sep 2017 | Suresh Nikhar | in Ranchi
- Maoists‚Äô landmine kills PTR elephant 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tata Power bags 3 gold awards at CCQC 2017 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Religious gurus meet on cleanliness 22 Sep 2017 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- SER to run special superfast trains to meet festive rush 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Councilor of Adityapur civic body stabbed 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Eco conservation theme to lure devotees 22 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi