USDMA to continue tree plantation till August 15
The commemoration of Harela festival was started under the Uttrakhand State Disaster Management Authority (USDMA) across the State on Sunday with tree plantation. The activity will be continued till August 15.
The team of disaster management department officials and personnel took the initiative to plant more trees on the project sites of Uttarakhand, where the rehabilitation and reconstruction of work in disaster affected areas is in progress or has already been completed. In this process the team of the projects planted about 1000 saplings at the project sites, claimed officials.
On Sunday, the staff in Dehradun planted saplings near Sahastradhara Road. The State disaster management secretary Amit Singh Negi congratulated the team members of the project for their initiative and also exhorted the department to promote such environmental conservation related activities in the near future.
Around 50 employees in Dehradun and more than 200 employees in various field units of the department participated in the tree plantation activities held on the occasion.
According to the officials, as part of the Harela celebrations, the department is planning on July 19 to organise a drawing competition for the students of some schools in Dehradun to raise awareness among the students about Harela, its significance and value in Uttarakhand.
- Tully, Tagore to grace maiden literary fest 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Reshuffle in MP: Narhari is CPR 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM transfers ‚ÄėBhavantar' amount to 1.35L farmers' a/c 23 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Don‚Äôt overlook interests of public, Guv to legislators 23 Nov 2017 | SANJEEV JHA | in Ranchi
- 5-yr jail, Rs 4 lakh fine for ex-CS Sajal Chakraborty 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lamhe-2017 to give chance to show talent 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Gov focus on curbing malnutrition remarkable: Forsyth 23 Nov 2017 | PRANAV PRATYUSH | in Ranchi
- Tata trusts on Mission 2020 for rural entrepreneurship 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Traffic police begin exercise to ease city arteries 23 Nov 2017 | PRAGYAPALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Working on secret plans: JPCC chief 23 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi