- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Waterlogging due to rainfall in Doon
A couple of spells of rainfall in Dehradun on Monday caused water logging in various areas of the provisional State capital. The situation has once again exposed the lack of work done by the municipal authorities, district administration and departments concerned as part of their pre-monsoon measures to prevent the overflow of water, water logging and address civic sanitation issues.
As was forecast by the state meteorological centre, Dehradun witnessed a few spells of heavy rain during the daytime. Though the rainy spell did not continue for long, it was enough to cause overflow and water logging in various localities of the city. Clogged drains, encroachments and other factors exacerbated the water logging situation which also led to traffic congestion on various city roads.
It will be recalled that in the recent past, the Dehradun district magistrate had chaired a meeting with officials and directed them to clean the roadside drains and complete necessary preparations for the rains. The meteorological centre had already forecast that the monsoon season would arrive in the State by June 19-22. Despite this, the authorities in the provisional state capital have not completed the necessary works in time to prevent inconvenience and other issues during the rains.
This correspondent made repeated phone calls to the office of the municipal commissioner for information regarding the status of works but got no response. Meanwhile, the meteorological centre has forecast heavy rainfall at isolated places especially in Haridwar, Dehradun, Chamoli, Rudraprayag, Nainital and Pithoragarh districts during the next 48 hours from Monday.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun