- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
- Hafiz Saeed walks free; vows to fight for 'Kashmir cause'
- Parliament's Winter Session to be held from Dec 15 to Jan 5
- Vasco Da Gama-Patna Express derails near Manikpur in UP, 3 dead, 9 injured
- RK Nagar bypoll in TN on Dec 21: EC
Zero tolerance against corruption : Adityanath Yogi
On the first day at work as Chief Minister on Monday, Adityanath Yogi said that his government’s top prioroty would be to ensure zero tolerance against corruption. The new CM asked bureaucrats to file returns of their assets within next 15 days.
Soon after taking the oath of office on Sunday, Yogi had directed his cabinet colleagues to file returns of their assets in next 15 days.
The Chief Minister said that honest and responsive officers will be posted at all important positions and a citizen’s charter will be prepared for each department for improving service delivery by various agencies of the state government.
Addressing the first meeting of Principal Secretaries and Secretaries in Lucknow on Monday, Yogi stressed on special emphasis on working of police stations and Tehsils.
``Police stations and Tehsil offices will be freed from political pressure and interference. These two institutions are pivotal as they serve over 90 percent of the population,’’ he said.
Referring to the agriculture sector, the CM asked officers to ensure payment of remunerative prices of produce to the farmers under minimum support price scheme. He said that adequate arrangements be made for storage and warehousing of agri-produce and sincere effort be made for promoting agro- based and allied industries.
The Chief Minister asked officers to develop a new work culture in the state where administration was responsive, accountable and dynamic.
Asking officers to work for sincere implementation of BJP’s election manifesto- `Sankalp Patra’, the CM said, “The people have reposed their faith in the manifesto and given a huge mandate to the party. Study each point of the `Sankalp Patra’ and implement it in a responsive manner.”
He also asked the civil servants to take tough action against criminals and anti-socials so as to ensure peaceful life for the common people.
During the meeting, the CM also distributed copies of the BJP’s ‘Sankalp Patra’ among the officials. Along with the CM, his two deputy CMs Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma were also present.
Earlier in the morning, the CM summoned officials and enquired about incidents of crime in Allahabad, Agra and Auraiyya. Whiel neither the previous regime’s officials have been removed nor ministers have been allotted portfolios, the Chief Minister met several officials in his camp office at the VIP guest house.
After the meeting, Yogi along with his council of ministers went to Raj Bhawan to attend a tea party organised by Governor Ram Naik on Monday evening.
Sources said that on Monday morning, Chief Secretary Rahul Bhatnagar, DGP Javeed Ahmed, Principal Secretary Home Debashish Panda and Principal Secretary Information Navneet Sehgal met the Chief Minister.
Earlier in the day, priests from Gorakhpur organised a ‘puja’ at the CM’s official residence at 5, Kalidas Marg after which Yogi was to shift to the accomodation.
- Inbrief 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Helpline 108 flooded with unwanted calls 24 Nov 2017 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- No trace of sub-committees in wards despite Government order 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Yadav, Lalu discuss political alternatives 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt sticks to penalise illegal mining 24 Nov 2017 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Japan Foundation assures Jharkhand of strengthening cultural ties 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to get traffic system ‚Äėback on track' 24 Nov 2017 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- Uttarakhand has failed to evolve an economic model for its development 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- JSM meets DGP, submits memo 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doc removes ring from baby‚Äôs neck 24 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun