- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
The question is not about better welfare practices for ritual animal sacrifices, but whether the time has come to abolish this primitive tradition altogether, says RUKMINI SEKHAR “In blind darkness are we sunk when we offer sacrifices with beasts. A higher religious duty than ahimsa has never been nor shall be.”...
Obesity, farmer suicides, destruction of the countryside, animal torture. Philip Lymbery tells ANANYA BORGOHAIN how they can all be attributed to factory farming and ‘cheap’ meat Reportedly, thousands of animals are slaughtered across the globe every minute. Factory farming is on the rise and ostensible cheap meat has become a trend....
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...