- Don't muzzle Constitution: Cong on Naidu's decision to reject impeachment notice
- Metro girder collapses in Ghaziabad
- CJI, other judges sat at 10.45 AM to undertake court proceedings
- Swamy hails VP's decision rejecting impeachment notice
- Shiv Sena leader Sachin Sawant shot dead in Mumbai
- Venkaiah Naidu rejects impeachment notice against CJI
The question is not about better welfare practices for ritual animal sacrifices, but whether the time has come to abolish this primitive tradition altogether, says RUKMINI SEKHAR “In blind darkness are we sunk when we offer sacrifices with beasts. A higher religious duty than ahimsa has never been nor shall be.”...
Obesity, farmer suicides, destruction of the countryside, animal torture. Philip Lymbery tells ANANYA BORGOHAIN how they can all be attributed to factory farming and ‘cheap’ meat Reportedly, thousands of animals are slaughtered across the globe every minute. Factory farming is on the rise and ostensible cheap meat has become a trend....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...