- Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, files mercy petition with Pakistan Army chief: ISPR
- Indian IT not H-1B dependent, says Infosys CEO
- Opposition parties to meet over Presidential election
- Those who celebrated Pak's win should go and live there: Rizvi
- 3 LeT militants gunned down in Pulwama
- Pak to review 'lenient' visa policy for Chinese citizens
12-hr search finds body of woman killed by husband
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday.
After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal.
"Initially the accused Manoj was not able to identify the exact spot where he dumped the body but later on we finally traced the body." said Jatin Narwal, DCP North.
It was a love marriage, said police. “Komal worked in a bar in Gurgoan. However, soon after the marriage difference cropped up between the couple over several issues. Manoj decided to eliminate his wife and with an intention to murder her, he took her to Bonta Park. The unsuspecting Komal followed her husband. He strangulated her on Friday and then dumped the body between rocks in the Bonta Park and fled,” said officials.
When she didn’t turn up, the girl’s family approached police. A search operation was launched and Manoj was arrested.
Initially he denied of committing the crime. Later on he confessed to the crime and told police about the murder.
- Man shoots at wife after she files case against him for raping stepdaughter 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Body of 17-yr-old tied to chair with throat slit found 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Kejriwal, Sisodia inspect Shakarpur Anganwadis 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Cop arrested for mowing down IAS officer's mother 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- BJP backstabbed farmers: Kejriwal 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- JNU accuses JNUSU, JNUTA for disrupting Academic Council meet 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- LoP: Complete map authentication work of villages to build 25 lakh houses 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Posters at AAP HQ calls Vishwas ‘betrayer’ 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Separatists’ bandh hits lives in Valley 18 Jun 2017 | Khursheed Wani | in Sunday Pioneer
- 3 killed, 2 missing in meghalaya landslide 18 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The Bhopalites would witness a mild evening of devotional songs and classical music at Dushyant Kumar Memorial Museum of Manuscript. The event Aradhna will be held at the museum on Thursday...