- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
2 gang members held with ganja worth `54L
Two suspected members of an inter-state narcotic drug cartel, involved in supplying marijuana, were arrested and 548 kilogram of the drug worth Rs 54 lakh was seized from them.
The marijuana, packed in cartons, was transported from Orissa to Delhi in the parcel van of Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express, they added.
The Delhi Police Crime Branch had received information that Jagdish Kumar Arya (44) and Sarvan, residents of Faridabad (Haryana) were involved in supplying marijuana from Orissa to Delhi through Rajdhani train, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Bhisham Singh.
During investigation, it was found that the gang was using Bhubaneswar Rajdhani train to transport marijuana in connivance with some railway personnel.
The Ganja was kept in parcel van of Rajdhani Train and transported to New Delhi.
The police received a tip-off on September 5 that Arya would come to take delivery of the consignment from New Delhi railway station and then travel to Faridabad, said the officer.
Arya was nabbed from outer ring road near Rajghat traffic signal with eight cartons of marijuana. During investigation, another tip-off was received that another consignment of marijuana was coming through Bhubaneswar Rajdhani train at the New Delhi railway station.
A raid was conducted at the New Delhi Railway station where six cartons, offloaded from the parcel van of Rajdhani train and received by one Saroj Subudhi , who was nabbed.
During interrogation, he revealed that he has a firm in the name of “Saroj Parcel Service” at New Delhi Station and he was working with one Anil who had an office at Bhubaneswar who had the lease licence of the parcel van. The cartons were booked by Anil who was in contact with one Sarvan, said the DCP. Sarvan would give Rs.10,000 for each parcel having marijuana in it to Subudhi and Anil.
- 38-yr-old held for duping people coming to ATM 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Traffic cop killed after being hit by truck 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Litigant in Babri Masjid case Mahant Bhaskar Das dies 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Men in car threatened to kill me: Naqvi's sister 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Give attention to swachchh campaign: I&B Min tells TV channels, FM stations 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- PM to dedicate Sardar Sarovar project to nation 17 Sep 2017 | Nayan Dave | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delay in declaring holiday on Hari Singh's birth anniversary 17 Sep 2017 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- BJP sets a deadline to sack Karnataka Min KJ George 17 Sep 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Maya to strategise next political move at Monday‚Äôs maha rally 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Dileep‚Äôs actress-wife Kavya seeks anticipatory bail 17 Sep 2017 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...