- Office of profit: Prez OKs disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Develop a US-style online platform to sell bad loans: Acharya
- WEF preps for Modi mantra with tastes of India, twists of yoga
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy over cross-border firing
- No one can touch a woman without her consent: Delhi court
- No fresh firing by Pakistan along LoC, IB overnight
- UNSC sanctions monitoring team to visit Pak this week
- Bawana fire: Police nabbed factory owner
2 gang members held with ganja worth `54L
Two suspected members of an inter-state narcotic drug cartel, involved in supplying marijuana, were arrested and 548 kilogram of the drug worth Rs 54 lakh was seized from them.
The marijuana, packed in cartons, was transported from Orissa to Delhi in the parcel van of Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express, they added.
The Delhi Police Crime Branch had received information that Jagdish Kumar Arya (44) and Sarvan, residents of Faridabad (Haryana) were involved in supplying marijuana from Orissa to Delhi through Rajdhani train, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Bhisham Singh.
During investigation, it was found that the gang was using Bhubaneswar Rajdhani train to transport marijuana in connivance with some railway personnel.
The Ganja was kept in parcel van of Rajdhani Train and transported to New Delhi.
The police received a tip-off on September 5 that Arya would come to take delivery of the consignment from New Delhi railway station and then travel to Faridabad, said the officer.
Arya was nabbed from outer ring road near Rajghat traffic signal with eight cartons of marijuana. During investigation, another tip-off was received that another consignment of marijuana was coming through Bhubaneswar Rajdhani train at the New Delhi railway station.
A raid was conducted at the New Delhi Railway station where six cartons, offloaded from the parcel van of Rajdhani train and received by one Saroj Subudhi , who was nabbed.
During interrogation, he revealed that he has a firm in the name of “Saroj Parcel Service” at New Delhi Station and he was working with one Anil who had an office at Bhubaneswar who had the lease licence of the parcel van. The cartons were booked by Anil who was in contact with one Sarvan, said the DCP. Sarvan would give Rs.10,000 for each parcel having marijuana in it to Subudhi and Anil.
- Globe Trotting 21 Jan 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- S Korea asks N Korea to explain cancelled visit 21 Jan 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Chinese human rights lawyer's detention ‚Äėabsurd', says attorney 21 Jan 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- US Supreme Court to hear Trump's travel ban 3.0 challenge in April 21 Jan 2018 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Pope to visit Peruvian region hit by El Nino floods 21 Jan 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Pak raises Jadhav's case in UNSC debate on Afg 21 Jan 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- US Govt shuts down 21 Jan 2018 | S Rajagopalan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Cold wave prevails in north India, temps drop in Kashmir 21 Jan 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 80-year-old woman raped in Pune by unidentified man 21 Jan 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Women achievers meet Prez, among them a coolie from Raj 21 Jan 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jan 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Attractive and colourful tableaux showcasing the development of the State made on different frontages and over 17 platoons reflecting their charisma are again set to steal the show on Republic Day here at Morhabadi Ground. Presenting the glimpse of modern and developing Jharkhand, this R-Day as many as 12 tableaus of different government departments will enthrall the denizens...