25-year-old body builder electrocuted
A 25-year-old body builder who had participated in national level events was electrocuted at his terrace while he was trying to erect a metal frame for a banner at his house in outer Delhi’s Kirari area.
Police say that he had accidentally touched the overhead high tension wire passing over his house. Family members of the youth however staged a protest demanding compensations from the power supply company.
The incident was reported around 4.30pm on Friday when the youth, Luv Kumar had climbed to the terrace to fix the banner.
He used help his brother Inder Verma and his father Sunil to run their family owned jewellery shop in the Aman Vihar colony. Locals said that they had heard a loud crash and sparks from the overhead wire.
- Uniquely Christmas 17 Dec 2017 | SUNDAY PIONEER | in Sunday Pioneer
- UK officer threatened over crackdown on illegal Madrsas 17 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Implement order in online blasphemy case: Pak HC tells Govt 17 Dec 2017 | Sajjad Hussian | in Sunday Pioneer
- Saudi women to be allowed to drive bike 17 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- California wildfire continues to grow 17 Dec 2017 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Japan eyes $ 46bn defence budget to counter N Korea 17 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- X‚Äômas supper 17 Dec 2017 | SUNDAY PIONEER | in Sunday Pioneer
- N Korea short of posing missile threat: Mattis 17 Dec 2017 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- US for unilateral steps on Pak terror 17 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- AIMPLB to meet sr community leaders 17 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
The South Eastern Coalfields Ltd (SECL) would get benefaction of Grade-11 raw coal done from its Korba fields in Chhattisgarh, officials informed. The company recorded 13...