- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
95 kids die in Etawah hospital in a month
Even as Gorakhpur Police succeeded in arresting another accused in connection with the deaths of 70 children in Baba Raghav Das Medical College on August 10 and 11, a fresh controversy stared at the State Government with 95 children dying due to negligence within a month at Saifai Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences in Etawah. Vice-Chancellor of Saifai PGI, Dr T Prabhakar denied any negligence.
Last week, Farukkabad hit the headlines after 91 children died at the district hospital within a month due to alleged medical negligence.In Etawah, 95 children admitted to Saifai PGI died in the last one month. The College administration said that of the 1464 children admitted last month, 95 died but denied that the deaths occurred due to shortage of oxygen or medical negligence.
The authorities claimed that three dozen children, who died there, were admitted soon after delivery at Primary Health Centre or at home.
However, District Magistrate of Etawah said that he was looking into the matter even as no complaint of negligence was lodged by any kin of the deceased so far.
Meanwhile in Gorakhpur, BRD College official Sudhir Pandey was arrested from his friend’s house near Khajanchi Chauk on Saturday morning. He was quizzed and is scheduled to be produced in the court by Sunday morning. Pandey was on the lam since bneing named in connection with the deaths of 70 children in the college on August 10 and 11.
After the tragic deaths, a case was registered against nine persons and the police has arrested former Principal Dr Rajeev Mishra, his wife Dr Purnima Shukla, Paediatric department in-charge Dr Kafeel Khan and Pandey.
Five other accused Dr Satish, Udai Pratap Sharma, Gajanad Jaiswal, Sanjay Tripathi and Manish Bhandari were still absconding.
- 38-yr-old held for duping people coming to ATM 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Traffic cop killed after being hit by truck 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Litigant in Babri Masjid case Mahant Bhaskar Das dies 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Men in car threatened to kill me: Naqvi's sister 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Give attention to swachchh campaign: I&B Min tells TV channels, FM stations 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- PM to dedicate Sardar Sarovar project to nation 17 Sep 2017 | Nayan Dave | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delay in declaring holiday on Hari Singh's birth anniversary 17 Sep 2017 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- BJP sets a deadline to sack Karnataka Min KJ George 17 Sep 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Maya to strategise next political move at Monday‚Äôs maha rally 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Dileep‚Äôs actress-wife Kavya seeks anticipatory bail 17 Sep 2017 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...