- Office of profit: Prez OKs disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Develop a US-style online platform to sell bad loans: Acharya
- WEF preps for Modi mantra with tastes of India, twists of yoga
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy over cross-border firing
- No one can touch a woman without her consent: Delhi court
- No fresh firing by Pakistan along LoC, IB overnight
- UNSC sanctions monitoring team to visit Pak this week
- Bawana fire: Police nabbed factory owner
95 kids die in Etawah hospital in a month
Even as Gorakhpur Police succeeded in arresting another accused in connection with the deaths of 70 children in Baba Raghav Das Medical College on August 10 and 11, a fresh controversy stared at the State Government with 95 children dying due to negligence within a month at Saifai Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences in Etawah. Vice-Chancellor of Saifai PGI, Dr T Prabhakar denied any negligence.
Last week, Farukkabad hit the headlines after 91 children died at the district hospital within a month due to alleged medical negligence.In Etawah, 95 children admitted to Saifai PGI died in the last one month. The College administration said that of the 1464 children admitted last month, 95 died but denied that the deaths occurred due to shortage of oxygen or medical negligence.
The authorities claimed that three dozen children, who died there, were admitted soon after delivery at Primary Health Centre or at home.
However, District Magistrate of Etawah said that he was looking into the matter even as no complaint of negligence was lodged by any kin of the deceased so far.
Meanwhile in Gorakhpur, BRD College official Sudhir Pandey was arrested from his friend’s house near Khajanchi Chauk on Saturday morning. He was quizzed and is scheduled to be produced in the court by Sunday morning. Pandey was on the lam since bneing named in connection with the deaths of 70 children in the college on August 10 and 11.
After the tragic deaths, a case was registered against nine persons and the police has arrested former Principal Dr Rajeev Mishra, his wife Dr Purnima Shukla, Paediatric department in-charge Dr Kafeel Khan and Pandey.
Five other accused Dr Satish, Udai Pratap Sharma, Gajanad Jaiswal, Sanjay Tripathi and Manish Bhandari were still absconding.
- Globe Trotting 21 Jan 2018 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- S Korea asks N Korea to explain cancelled visit 21 Jan 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Chinese human rights lawyer's detention ‚Äėabsurd', says attorney 21 Jan 2018 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- US Supreme Court to hear Trump's travel ban 3.0 challenge in April 21 Jan 2018 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Pope to visit Peruvian region hit by El Nino floods 21 Jan 2018 | AP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Pak raises Jadhav's case in UNSC debate on Afg 21 Jan 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- US Govt shuts down 21 Jan 2018 | S Rajagopalan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Cold wave prevails in north India, temps drop in Kashmir 21 Jan 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 80-year-old woman raped in Pune by unidentified man 21 Jan 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Women achievers meet Prez, among them a coolie from Raj 21 Jan 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jan 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Attractive and colourful tableaux showcasing the development of the State made on different frontages and over 17 platoons reflecting their charisma are again set to steal the show on Republic Day here at Morhabadi Ground. Presenting the glimpse of modern and developing Jharkhand, this R-Day as many as 12 tableaus of different government departments will enthrall the denizens...