- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
AP CM condemns attacks on Andhra students in Karnataka
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has strongly condemned attacks on Andhra students by Kannada associations in Hubli on Saturday. The Andhra students were in Hubli to appear written exams for bank recuirtment. They were attacked by local Kannada associations and their hall tickets were torn.
Taking serious note of the incident, the Chief Minister directed Chief Secretary Dinesh Kumar and his Special Chief Secretary Satish Chandra to speak to Union Home Secretary and Chief Secretary of Karnataka Government to control the situation.
Kumar spoke to his Karnataka counterpart and Home Secretary and demanded security and proper protection to Andhra students.
“If there is any further attacks on Andhra students, the AP Government will take the matter very seriously. We will go to any extent to protect Andhra students,” Naidu stated in a Press release.
Statess Home Minister China Rajappa also condemned the attacks and asked the Karnataka Government to ensure safety of the students.
- 38-yr-old held for duping people coming to ATM 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Traffic cop killed after being hit by truck 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Litigant in Babri Masjid case Mahant Bhaskar Das dies 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Men in car threatened to kill me: Naqvi's sister 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Give attention to swachchh campaign: I&B Min tells TV channels, FM stations 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- PM to dedicate Sardar Sarovar project to nation 17 Sep 2017 | Nayan Dave | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delay in declaring holiday on Hari Singh's birth anniversary 17 Sep 2017 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- BJP sets a deadline to sack Karnataka Min KJ George 17 Sep 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Maya to strategise next political move at Monday‚Äôs maha rally 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Dileep‚Äôs actress-wife Kavya seeks anticipatory bail 17 Sep 2017 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...