Mother dear mother
Celebrities talks about how special their moms are and what they have imbibed from them. Sunday Pioneer reports
‘Mom is my lifeline’
Mother's Day is super special for me as I'm extremely close to my mother like most of us usually are! She is my lifeline. I mean it when I say that! From the smallest efforts that we put into our mother-son relationship to the biggest dreams that we have achieved together, it has been and continues to be my most important and nourishing relationship. This day is just a call for a celebration where I can celebrate my mom and her being! All that I’m today or I ever aspire to be is because of her! But I would suggest that you keep the spirit of Mother's Day in your head all year round because just one day is not enough! Go, make the most important person in your life feel special.
— Actor Sahil Salathia
‘Taught me to be kind & compassionate’
My mother is an angel. She does so much for everyone around her, in society and in the family. I truly have never met another woman like her.
I’ve learnt from her to be compassionate and kind. She's the force behind everything I do. And she's made me liberal and strong as well. I will pass on to the next generation the virtue that 'one person standing on the word of God is the majority'.
The biggest sacrifice any mother can do for their children is to give them birth. God knows, it's not an easy process. The biggest thing I have done and continue to do for her is that I am kind.
That's how she's taught me to live. This Mother’s Day, since she is in Delhi and I in Mumbai, I am going to talk to her over the phone and will visit her soon.
— Actress Richa Chadha
‘Symbol of happiness’
My mother is the symbol of everything happy in my life. I still remember she had composed a song. My brother, mumma and I would sing it every evening while waiting for papa to return from work. My fondest learning that I teach to my niece and nephew is Burmese poems that my brother and I had learnt as children.
We still cherish them and share them with the next generation of the family. Whatever our parents have done for us, we might not be able to do for our children. There is never an end to what you want to do for your mother. I wish to spend more time with her and take her for a trip to Myanmar, from where she hails.
— Actor Aparshakti Khurana
‘Learnt to Believe in myself’
My mother is a strong willed person who loves unconditionally and doesn't know what hate means. Just listening to her stories lying down on her lap is still my favourite thing to in the world. She taught me to believe in myself. One thing that stayed with me was that she told me that I am special, what you can do nobody in the world can. That just stayed with me. She used to take me to my cricket coaching in my growing up years and then wait tirelessly for hours outside the ground but never showed that it was so hot. Whenever I see her she would just smile. I don't think there is anything I can do to even come remotely close to what she has done for me. All I try and do is just spend my maximum time with her.
— Actor Saqib Saleem
My best critic & friend
I can’t operate even for a single moment without my mom even though I am married now and have wonderful in-laws. For the smallest things in life, I fall back on my mom. She is my biggest critic and best friend too. I look up to her for being so strong especially the times after my father passed away. We were really young then and she took care of the entire house, of her children and worked as well. She made sure she found a right music teacher and made sure that I pursued my hobbies. She is very humble and is a giver. Whatever she says is absolutely correct for me.
— Singer Tulsi Kumar
- Cong to launch protest against Centre, UP Govt next month 16 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Political storm over drug scandal forces top excise official to cancel leave 16 Jul 2017 | Omer Farooq | in Sunday Pioneer
- Kovind dials Matoshree, thanks Uddhav for support 16 Jul 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- Mumbai-Nagpur Samruddhi Corridor hits Sena hurdle 16 Jul 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- Bedi at it again, this time against dubious institutes 16 Jul 2017 | Kumar Chellappan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Tamil media publish molestation victim's photographs, draw flak 16 Jul 2017 | Kumar Chellappan | in Sunday Pioneer
- 50-year-old taxi driver held for series of Goa desecration 16 Jul 2017 | Mayabhushan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Tension in Badaun after smugglers kill over six stray cattle 16 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- N-E flood situation grim, seven more killed in Assam, landslide hits NH-2 16 Jul 2017 | Agencies | in Sunday Pioneer
- 3 die as heavy rain lashes Gujarat 16 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | Garhwa
The district administration has begun preparations for the district-level Independence Day function. Garhwa Deputy Commissioner Neha Arora on Thursday convened a meeting with officials of various departments and citizens at conference hall...