Boat capsizes in Bahraich, 6 drown
Half a dozen people including a child drowned in a boat mishap on Saryu river in Kotwali Dehat police station area of Bahraich on Saturday morning. The police registered a case in this connection and sent the bodies for autopsy.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath expressed his grief over the deaths in the boat tragedy and announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh each to the families of the deceased. The families would also get additional Rs 5 lakh each under Chief Minister’s Farmer and Sarvhit insurance scheme.
As per reports, the mishap occurred when a boat, carrying nine people overturned near Pipraghat in Saryu river early Saturday morning. While the boatman and two others managed to swim ashore, the remaining six were drowned. All the deceased were natives of Ramgaon and were returning after visiting a fair on the other side of river on Friday night.
The deceased were identified as Shakil(10), Tirathram(22), Vijay(23), Rajesh (22) and Magan (16), while one was still to be identified. All bodies have been recovered.
- Business Corner 24 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Committee suggests 100% foodgrain packaging in jute bags 24 Jun 2018 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- India, Cuba agree to enhance co-op in biotechnology 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Prepare policy to set up stalls of GI products at airports: Prabhu to officials 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- S Balasubramanian to take over as Bharti Infratel CFO on Aug 10 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Infosys stable and on verge of something momentous: Nilekani 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Latvian woman‚Äôs murder: Live-in partner blasts LDF 24 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- TN on verge of taking over by secessionists, warns Radhakrishnan 24 Jun 2018 | Kumar Chellappan | in Sunday Pioneer
- HDK rejects guidelines of Cauvery River Water Regulation Committee 24 Jun 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | RANCHI
Taking the vision of ‘New India’ and the challenges ahead among the aspiring business managers, Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha discussed elaborately on the concept of ‘Farms to Frontiers’ to accelerate the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate while addressing the students of new batch of Indian Institute of Management-Ranchi (2018-2020) here on Saturday. Sharing his insights, understanding of business ventures and a few examples from his public...