CRISIL lists Multicap Fund on top under diversified equity category
Global analytical agency CRISIL has ranked Multicap Fund, one of the best ICICI Prudential’s mutual funds, in top 30 percentile parameter under its diversified equity category. It retained its position as Number One or Two in the past four consecutive quarters ended March 2017, according to CRISIL reports.
The fund’s primary objective is to generate capital appreciation through investments in equity and equity related securities in core sectors and associated feeder industries.
The fund, managed by George Heber Joseph and Atul Patel, has average assets under management worth Rs 2,155 crore till the March 2017 quarter. “The fund’s returns exceeded those of its benchmark indices - S&P BSE 200 - and ranked under the diversified equity category in March 2017 CRISIL Mutual Fund Ranking in most periods,” the report said.
According to the March 2017 portfolio, the fund has 57 stocks across 22 sectors. Over the past few months, the fund has increased the number of stocks in its portfolio, thereby providing better diversification.
“In the past three years, the top five sectors, on average, constituted 52.6 per cent of the fund's portfolio. The top exposure was to the banking sector (averaging 19.89 per cent), followed by pharmaceuticals (10.18 per cent), software (9.25 per cent), auto (6.77 per cent) and finance (6.51 per cent),” the report said.
High exposure to banking has been fruitful for the fund since banking stocks have performed particularly well in the past year. Meanwhile, the other top sectors - software and pharmaceuticals - faced a difficult year, which limited the fund's performance.
- Lynch protest: police fire in air, Sec 144 imposed in four areas 21 May 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Attack on CRPF men in April: 18 Naxalites taken into custody 21 May 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Shah lists Govt’s feats, says BJP will win more seats 21 May 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Narada sting: ED issues fresh summons to Narada CEO 21 May 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- 1 killed, 13 hurt as bus turns turtle in Mumbai 21 May 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rajnath chairs security review meeting with 5 CMs 21 May 2017 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- 179 Maha pilgrims stranded en route to Badrinath safe: Fadnavis 21 May 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Of 2,000 stranded, 800 resume journey 21 May 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- NIA quizzes separatists in Kashmir Valley 21 May 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Pak lawyer at ICJ was hired by UPA in 2004: Rao 21 May 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | Naya Raipur
There will be 14 minor bridges constructed including a major bridge on the proposed railway track between Mandirhasaud, Naya Raipur and Kendri in the new capital region, officials informed. Notably, Naya Raipur has emerged in the country with the largest land bank of a mammoth 237 square kilometres ( 23,700 hectares), officials stated...